General Servo to receiver & Bind

Tonester

Hello; All

Just assembled my E-flite Blade400 3D this summer and purchased seperate a SpekTrum DX6i transmitter near end of the summer, because I bought each piece to the helicopter and assembled it my-self there are no manuals where each servo s coneted to the receiver. After assembling I tried to hook-up all servo wires to the receiver but having problems finding which servo is the (Aile), (ELEV), (THRO), (RUDD), (AUX 1) & (RUDD), I have BIND figured out from the DX6i manual and part of GYRO except what plugs into it, my SekTrum DX6i tell's me how to Bind. Can anyone help with a drawing showing what servo is what and where it goes to the receiver because I may have.......fried.....shorted the receiver because it will not lite up when battery is plugged in and on the first try it did but after that!!!!. Anyone can email me directions/drawings at davidmarko@rogers.com, my hobby shop I normally go to time to time they just look at me and say Humm :distrust: and the one close to me treats all his new customers like he better them everyone else :nightmare:.

ThaX - The Tonester a.k.a David

Adam

Re: Servo to receiver & Bind

Ok so your rudd servo goes to the gyro and you have two plugs that come from the gyro correct and if so this is how to plug the servo to the rx
Esc to throttle
ail and aux 1 will be your servos that are on either side of the swash does not matter which one goes where you will just have to make it right in the tx
elev will be for the servo by itself on the swash
Rudd will be for the wire that has all three wires in it coming from the gyro
Then you should have an open slot labeled gear and that will be for the signal wire coming from the gyro
I hope this helps and ask any questions. There is also some videos tony did on the dx6i and setting up a ccpm video if you want step by step explanation. He kind of rocks at explaining things.

- - - Updated - - -

and if you have anymore questions there is a beginner help area in the helicopter section which once tony sees this post he will probably move it there incase you dont see it the next time you log in.

Tony

Staff member
Moved this thread to the correct section. There is a sticky post in the lounge specifically stating to NOT ask hobby questions in there. I know you are new and more than likely just over looked it, and that is why this post is still here. Further posts that are put into the lounge that don't belong there will be deleted as stated in that sticky thread.

Onto your setup. What is posted above is correct except for the Ail and Aux1. ALWAYS put your aileron on the right side of the heli when looking at it from behind. If you get in the habit of doing this, it will become much easier as time goes on.

Rx Ports
Batt/Bind - Bind Plug (don't leave it in) or BEC
Throttle - ESC
Elevator - Front Of Swash Servo
Aileron - Right Of Swash Servo
Rudder - 3 Wire Plug Off Gyro
Gear - Single Wire Plug Off Gyro
Aux1 - Left Of Swash Servo

Make sure when you set the Tx up that you put the swash to 120º CCPM Mixing. Also make sure your polarity is correct with your Rx plugs. If you reverse them, NOTHING will happen, it just won't work. The positive is ALWAYS in the center, this way you can not reverse the polarity, only the ground and signal can be reversed. If you are not getting any lights, Put your bind plug back in, and plug the battery into the Rx. If it's flashing fast, pull the trainer switch and turn the Tx on. Keep holding the trainer switch (Tx should be 3' from the heli when you do this and the antenna facing AWAY from the heli) until the light on the Rx goes solid. Once that is done, unplug the battery to the ESC and remove the bind plug. Keep your Tx on and plug the battery back in after removing the bind plug. You should now either have a solid light or a slow flashing light. If the light in the Rx is slow flashing, DON'T WORRY, it just means the Tx lost the signal from the Rx and this happened when you unplugged the battery.

Now you need to check all of your servos. Make sure each one is working. before you do this though, unplug at least two of the wires to the motor from the ESC.

Let us know and we will go from here.

Tonester

Re: You Log In, You Post In Here

Hi; everyone

I set-up all servo's so now I know what went where thanks to Adam..ThanX Adam, now yesterday evening I unhooked all servo's from my E-flite Blade400 3D except the BIND. I hooked the BIND & THRO back up and lift the TRAINER switch & turned the Remote and to my surprise a lite came on the receiver..BUT..did not stay on it flashed and flashed, no solid,so I did this 3-times and removed the BIND with same results nothing on the Helicopter. After the third time nothing come on the receiver nor the Helicopter but receiver gets warm to the touch, can or is there a way that I may have fried, shorted the receiver or the is something wrong to what I did...if I screwed up then please tell me so and I'll buy a new receiver. Oh ya.....this took me a year to buy, set-up and do everything right and screwed up?????..LOLOLOLL

ThaX - Tonester

Lee

So you left the bind plug in the whole time? After the radio is bound to the RX you must remove the bind plug before powering off the RX.
The flashing light indicates, its trying to bind again.

Tony

Staff member
Is it flashing fast (multiple times a second) or slow (once per second)? If slow, then it's telling you it's lost signal from the Tx, not a big deal. If it's flashing fast, then your ESC is plugged in correctly and it's in bind mode.

Plug the bind plug into the Rx

Plug the ESC into the Rx

Plug the battery into the ESC (Rx starts to flash fast)

Pull your trainer switch, hold, and power on the Tx (don't let go of the trainer switch)

Light will start to flash slower to let you know it's Binding.

When light goes solid, pull bind plug, unplug battery, turn off Tx.

Turn on Tx, plug battery into ESC, you should now have a solid light.

Depending on how hot the Rx is getting, it may be fried, it's just hard to say with text only. I do have some Rx for sale, but I'm sure with shipping that you can get a new one for about the same price if you get free shipping. But follow the instructions I posted here and give it a shot.

If you have a volt meter, measure the black and red wires coming out of the ESC to the Rx. You should have NO MORE than 6vDC. If you have more than that, your BEC in your ESC is fried and you need to trash the ESC. If you are using an external BEC, and it's over 6vDC, then it's fried.

Hope this helps. Let us know.

Tonester

Hey; Tony

I set up my "Blade-400 3D" servo to receiver wires as stated on a YouTube video showing me how to set-up but to my demise the video I saw as stated by the video owner said the set-up Servo/Receiver on a Blade400 3-D Heli. was wrong it was for a Blade-450 and said RED wire is - & BLACK wire is +. After I realized that the wire set-up was wrong and a little too late....receiver fried...so now I'll need a new receiver. I did my own paint-shop drawing and it's right, opposite of what I was told and my Hobby-Shop liked my servo/receiver connection & servo body locations on my drawing. If someone would a copy of my Bipmap drawing I'll be glad to send them a copy via email. Oh ya, my hobby shop says this is nothing new to them

ThanX - Tonetser

Tony

Staff member
Oh man, that sucks. Just remember, red is always positive and black is always negative, just like in a car. Hope you get it in the air soon!

Top Bottom