450 Servo slop on blade 450 3d

Hi all

This is my first post on this forum and a novice with rc helis. I have a lot of slop on my servos which I think is the source of my main pitch alignment issues which I can't get right.

Can someone recommend replacement servos for this heli, including tail servo, I would like metal geared ones with a similar or better spec than the blade stock servos

Thanks for any help

Slobberdog

Hi all

This is my first post on this forum and a novice with rc helis. I have a lot of slop on my servos which I think is the source of my main pitch alignment issues which I can't get right.

Can someone recommend replacement servos for this heli, including tail servo, I would like metal geared ones with a similar or better spec than the blade stock servos

Thanks for any help

your best bet will prob be for the Cyclic: Savox SH-0257MG and for the Tail: Savox: SH-1257MG

- - - Updated - - -

and you can get gear sets and parts from most of the uk dealers as well, fastlad I would prob go to first

Thanks for the reply Slobberdog, these things are expensive aren't they. Talking over £100 for 4 servos, I'm wondering now if the heli is worth the expense.. I did fit new gears in one of the servos to see if that got rid of the slop but it didn't, hence the request for better ones... It's good to find a new site though for rc bits and pieces, I've bookmarked that one..

Cheers

Wow, their much cheaper, thanks, will these work for the tail too, I'll just order 4 of them if they will.

Bare in mind I am a novice pilot if I can call myself a pilot...lol... I can hover around ok... Just, 3d is just what I dream of doing...

But trying to fly a bird that isn't mechanically sound or setup right is impossible. I watched one of Tonys vids on YouTube how to completely setup a flybar heli, working from the bottom up, the first problem is these servos with this slop/play on them..

Thanks for the info and quick replies

Ok thanks for that, well my main problem at the moment is the swash servos, so I'm going to order those 3 now, and while I'm at it order some new arms maybe I can get a complete set of replacements. It is an old heli and I bought it second hand off eBay.

Thanks

Servos ordered from kings Lynn, I'll fit them tomorrow after work and update this thread on hopefully a mechanically sound heli...

Thanks to Slobberdog, Tony, Westy and the forum for their help and videos

murankar

Staff member
your best bet will prob be for the Cyclic: Savox SH-0257MG and for the Tail: Savox: SH-1257MG

- - - Updated - - -

and you can get gear sets and parts from most of the uk dealers as well, fastlad I would prob go to first

Those are the servos I have right now on my Gaui. I had them since late 2012. Still on the same gears even after 3 crashes. They do need replaced though so one day this winter I will rebuild all the servos. Not only can you get the gears you can also get the top cover in case it breaks, I need one of those soon too.

Hey guys, back from work and sorting these servos out, im going to open a new thread in the servo section as this is where my problem lies..

cheers

Top Bottom