450 Servo setup question

Im going nuts trying to get a RAZOR 450 back in the air after a intermediate training session. ;) After replacing all broken parts I am having problems trying to get my pitch set. The biggest problem seems to be that at MID stick my servos are 90 and all looks good BUT when I give throttle my servo barely moves up but when I give negative throttle (or less) the servo goes WAY down!? Why dont I have 50% movement above AND below 90 degrees??

Lee

Did you reset your pitch curve in the radio to a linear curve for set up of servo 90º?

Tony

Staff member
Are you using the stock Tx? If so, take it outside and run it over with your vehicle!!! Then get a DX6i or better! The stock Tx is junk and causes these issues.

Tony

Staff member
That is some good news lol. I HATED the stock Tx! However, the Razor is not a good heli to begin with. But, if you get it setup right with the right parts, it can be a great beginner CP helicopter.

Okay hopefully this better illustrates my problem in not being able to get positive pitch in my trainer bird. ;)
[video=youtube_share;YWpbSuqYVoQ]http://youtu.be/YWpbSuqYVoQ[/video]

Tony

Staff member
What are your pitch curves set at? And check the servo travel settings. The servo travel should be at 100%.

Pitch curve is 0-35-60-88-100 and travel is 100%

- - - Updated - - -

I guess what I'm really asking is...why won't my servos use ALL their travel to each maximum? They aren't even using half their range when given full positive or negative pitch?

Tony

Staff member
That is what I'm trying to find out for ya. Set your pitch curve to Linear.

In your swash menu, what are your settings at?

In your monitor menu, are the bars showing that you are getting full travel?

Worst case scenario, you will just create a new model and start fresh. There are times that is the best course of action.

Top Bottom