600 Servo problems.

Derek47

My airwolf heli speed controller recently burst into flames. The servo's were away from the fire, and show no sign of fire damage. However, none of them work any more. The servo arms all moved fully anticlockwise, and when the receiver is switched on, that is where they remain, however much I move the sticks on the radio. If I try to move the servo arms, I can not do so without force until I switch off the receiver. I can plug a new servo into the receiver and it works fine. Can anybody explain this to me, and is there any way to get these servo's working properly again? I have taken one servo apart, but can find no damage.

RandyDSok

If you can plug in a new servo directly to the receiver and it works but do the same for an old one and it doesn't work... the electronics on the servo likely got shorted or over voltaged during the fire and is now bad. Since buying new servos is cheaper than getting their electronics repaired, that is what is recommended. If all that got damaged was say the gears, those are cheap enough and easy enough for you to replace but electronics is another story.

Top Bottom