Servos Servo noise

Ian R

I am at the stage of setting up my Align 800E Trekker with a 3GX Gyro unit that came with the kit using Tony's 5 instruction videos. The 3 servos are all digital Align units (not rudder at this stage). What is happening is that there is a slight jittery sound coming from the pitch servo when you put your ear up close to it, but otherwise it seems to be functioning OK. We were getting small involuntary jumps every few seconds from all three servos but that seems to have stopped since I made pitch and throttle adjustments in the transmitter in accordance with Tony's suggestions which may have just been a fluke. What happened earlier in the build, before E-ring was enabled in the transmitter (which is supposed to protect the servos from overloading), the pitch servo got red hot (unbeknown to me initially) and I actually burnt my finger on it. Could I have caused a long term problem within that servo and what should I do?
Thanks in advance.
Ian.

treff

If the servo got so that you burnt your fingers I would change it to be on the safe side even though it is working. Better one servo than one helicopter. Cheers

wolfman76

Especially an 800 size heli better a servo rather then an astronomical repair bill due to a crash or worse yet injury due to servo failure. ...

Lee

If you can get access to a servo tester, you can put them through a testing program to see if they get hot or freak out in any way.

Ian R

Thanks guys for all your input. Because I am unsure about the other two servos (aileron and elevator) I have decided to replace the three servos and have managed to get them from the importer for A$105.24 each. A lot of money but as you have said, cheaper than replacing the helicopter if I wreck it as a result of servo failure. I then have three servos to pull apart at my own leasure.
Cheers,
Ian.

Top Bottom