General Servo nightmare

KICK ONLY

I bought a 450se (I think) No ID #'S So I don't know the diff. between all the TREX models. That said..I also bought a New FlySky TH9x. Watching a ton of video's an the manual I got it programed. All seemed ok. turned the radio on then the heli battery.Both AIL and the ELE servos (EXI213Ff) seemed to move without any binding. But the RUD dosne't do anything. After trying all I know . (#@#) They all stopped. I went an out of the radio to see if I messed up . Not sure. Now R AIL CH6 won't stop moving back an forth. No RUD Movement CH 4 . But If I Pug the RUD into CH6 IT just keeps moving back an forth. So did I fry the New Receiver ? Thanks for any an All comments.

Tony

Staff member
We have a few members on here that have these kinds of Tx's, however I"m not one of them. I do know the servos should not be going back and forth like that. It's like the Rx is being very slow at correcting and it's actually over correcting.

What kind of gyro is on the heli?

KICK ONLY

Detrum gy48v..But its not plugged in. Because I had no RUD movement I plugged it direct to the Receiver CH4. Still nothing. But If I plug into CH6 turn on the radio It starts moving back an forth. All the switches are off or in the neutral position.

Tony

Staff member
This sounds like a bad Tx/Rx to me. But, I will await the response of someone that has this Tx to chime in before making a final conclusion.

Lee

How are you powering the RX? ESC or battery pack? Try one servo at a time in each channel. So try one in the throttle channel. Does it move smoothly when moving the throttle stick? If so then we know the servo is ok. The try it on the elev channel then aileron channels etc If it worked smoothly on one channel but not on another, then we know its either a radio set up issue for that channel, or a faulty port on the receiver.
If that didn't help try making a new model on the radio, bind the RX to it but don't change any settings. Obviously for safety don't have your motor wires plugged into the esc for testing. Do the above tests again. If they work, then you know its your settings in the other model memory.
As for the specifics on this radio i'll leave that to the guys with this model..
Good luck

Westy

LEGEND
Send me your config ..... and I will take a look at it. are you running standard firmware? or is the Tx modified wiht ER9x or some other modded firmware?

KICK ONLY

Thanks. mabe its a setting in the RX. I just received it on Friday. Using energizer rechargeable for the Tx . The Tx an RX came as a set . After set up on the Rx I 1st turned it on all the servos worked properly except for the RuD. At that time the gyro (Detrum gy48) was plugged in. I finally unplugged it an plugged the RUDD into CH 4. still no Rud.. Plug it into CH6 it starts moving on its own. same if the R AIL is on CH6 L AIL an EVE are dead. must have changed a setting in the Rx . Will check each one out Thanks .

murankar

Staff member
I am leaning towards a possible bad rx. Ensure your positive leads are near the label.

As for the rx power, is it being powered by the ESC, rx battery pack

KICK ONLY

Hey I had the modulation set on pcm ( not sure why) so I put it back to ppm. servos are not moving on their own now. But i'm not getting an response from the Rx. I did try to rebind with no results..... I'm not showing any movement

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!!

Westy

LEGEND
Pull the RX apart and see if the aerial is soldered in properly...... did it bind up? solid red light?

do you have another V2 receiver? you can use these to (if you do in fact have a V2 Tx) http://Hobby King 2.4Ghz Receiver 6Ch V2

what happens when touch the aerial of hte Tx on the antenae on the RX .... andy response? try wiggling the RX aerial and see if the servos come in and out.....

Also .... Make sure you have got 5V at your RX and not more or you will have cooked it ... and your UBEC on your ESC has failed and caused all of these issues.

Last edited:

KICK ONLY

Where you select modulation It was on PCM (???) I moved it back to PPM . The servos stop moving on their own. But no response from the Rx. Thanks for your reply

Westy

LEGEND
should be PPM ....................

if you have a multi meter.... you may have to test the receiver and make sure the 5V is going right across the positive bus and then check the negative bus ..... you can do this with no voltage and use your ohms section or continuity tester. could be a bad contact on the board or the RX

oh .. you have selected the heli as the model? try deleting the model and restarting again ..... If you able to bind again ...... and have a solid Rx light .... then the units are talking to one another.....

Last edited:

KICK ONLY

Thanks will check it out.... Tx shows solid red light.. I have a spektrum 6100 will it bind to this Rx? I could try it. Thanks again ! Duncan

KICK ONLY

Ok checked continuity All the - pins showed connected as did the middle pins. but not on the + pins. so is that correct. Receiver Shows 3.36V Ah The battery 11.56v 2200Ah 20c Duncan

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't think so.... Thanks

Westy

LEGEND
receiver show 3.6V?????/ it does not have enough power ...... try feeding it 5 volts and see what happens.Is your EBec only putting out 3.6V to the RX? that os very very low! it would be browning out. increase the voltage to 5 and you may get some proper performance.

KICK ONLY

Just checked all v on the receiver All show 3.36 Except CH 4-5 Thats why I had no Rudder. A Bad Receiver out of the box. Thanks for your help Duncan

- - - Updated - - -

Ch 4-5 1.06v to 1.20v

Westy

LEGEND
open her up ... I am sure you will find a couple of dry solder joints..... a quick lick with the soldering iron and you will be up and running

Top Bottom