Servos Servo Mods

Dieseldoctor

I have a few servos, some were bought as 180° servos, but they all give a full travel of about 100°. I've tried different tx's, rx's and battery sizes, but no change. Apart from buying a "servo stretcher" is there anything I can do to give me more travel. All of the servos are physically capable of doing over 180°.

Tony

Staff member
It all depends on the frequency you can give the servo as to what king of throw it is going to have. Center is always 1520µs on most servos, but the endpoints can change. And honestly, I have never researched that subject so I'm not sure how you would go about extending the reach of a servo with a Tx other than raising the travel endpoints.

murankar

Staff member
Hey Dog: He is asking about operational range and not physical range. While the servo has 360 degree of travel the tx/rx limits the travel to a range like Tony was saying. Endpoints could be adjusted but thats only going to get you so much.

My Question is How much travel do you need? Whats the application for said travel? If you need 360 degree travel i would look at a stepper motor.

Top Bottom