Servos servo mismatch

hi all

ive just bought some new servos to replace the sloppy ones on my Blade 450 3D (this problem is in the 450 class heli section)

the servos ive bought are "New Power" XL 9HMG 9g (metal gear), recommended by a member, anyway, the horns off the stock servos (metal ones) dont align/fit the teeth on the new servos. the horns i got with the new servos are nylon, will these be strong and rigid enough for all my cyclic servos (i bought 3)

another issue i might have is the balls on the stock horns are also metal and red locktited in, so will it be OK to screw these into the nylon horns.... im really not sure what to do here for safety sake more than anything else...

ive uploaded a photo of my servos but no idea where its went...lol, funny or what... if anyone sees it please report to lost and found..lol

well the photo showed my old, stock servo on the right, and the new one on the left

any help will be appreciated, heli in bits on table at mo and it should be a 100 feet in the air.... ok 2 feet.

cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Ohhhh my photo is on there, I didn't see it when I uploaded it, mint

IMG_0125.jpg

Thanks Graham, my concern now is the ball, I've got it out of the stock horn, but because it's metal it doesn't screw into the nylon horn very tight, just keeps turning, it's tight but not solid like the metal to metal stock is..

This could be a lethal accident waiting to happen if I get this wrong

Cheers

murankar

Staff member
There should be a nut for the ball. If anything the holes should have needed a little reaming. With the nut you will want to use thread locker if they are non nylon lock.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

hi Murankar, no theres not a nut on the ball, it screws straight into the metal horn, it was thread locked in with red locktite, took some getting out..

thanks for the reply

murankar

Staff member
Are the metal horns stock with the kit?

You may need to order new ball links. If you know the size just order a bunch because they should be cheap. They should also come with the nuts for them.

Some people will use thin or medium ca. You may want some kicker for it to.

If blade uses the same size as align you can get align links.

Last edited:
The metal horns are stock, I bought the heli RTF, that's the one on the right of the photo.

I'll try CA on them, and order some new balls today just incase the CA doesn't hold them..

Thanks for your replies Murankar..

murankar

Staff member
Do you have any threads poking through the horn?

If so then you can get some nuts from Lowes or hobby store. Then you can thread lock them on.

Yes I do Murankar, not many but enough to get a nut on, I'll do that to keep it safe. I did use some CA on it and it feels quite solid, took on a field this morning to test it using 6 batteries, about 30 mins flying, checked the balls and I can't move them, so I'm reasonably confident they won't come off...

Thanks

murankar

Staff member
Not a problem. Just in case, my thought is the plastic should hold the threads with out issues. The glue is just for extra measure.

Top Bottom