General Servo Jumping at high speed

Marvin43

i have a 300x with a 7200 beast. I have rebuilt the 300x all the the way with lynx upgrades. (complete frame, gears, tail, rotors, etc....). Now at high RPM or at take off I have one servo that starts jumping. On the Beach with no rotors on there is no vibration. When it reaches full RPM the servo starts jumping and then pulls down. Does this mean I need to replace the 7200? If so what should I replace it with.

Lee

swap the servo over to another channel. See if it does the same thing. This will tell you if its the 7200 or the servo is dying.

cml001

I had a milder version of ur discription... Twice actually... Once it was the servo, and the other was the gain being set too high.

pvolcko

If the issue moves with the servo then it is the servo dying. If a different servo on the same output does it, I'd be check for a vibration, most likely from the tail.

Ideas to eliminate tail vibe:

1) Try loosening the tail case bolts/screws a little bit. Sometimes having it on there too tight will result in normal vibrations traveling up the boom and to the 7200bx.

2) Loosen belt tension a little. If it is too tight it can generate vibes and lead to premature bearing wear.

3) Try a different set of tail blades. Hard to balance them so try a new set instead.

4) Lube the tail bearings and slider assembly.

Also check CG on main blades (I've gotten bad pairs before).

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I agree to that.. You need to check that servo on another channel and see if it does the same on the bench seperately. change it and see what you find out.

Then.. if that doesnt fix it.. its a vibe issue. 300X's are prone to a lot of vibes.. and like Paul said, too tight belt, or even too tight screws on the belt casing apparently cause vibrations to travel down the boom into the frame.. and it all just shakes. I have experienced 300x tipping over first hand as there were vibration in brand new out the box bird.

as far as one servo shaking, is it something you have seen in the air, or just that the head wobbles in the air.. side to side or front to back on high rpm.. ?

Cause that is just a wayy to high gain indication.

Top Bottom