General Servo jam during 3GX initialization

totoheat

Hello Guys

I have tested my Trex 550E with no issues in 15 flights but and old issue come back first I notice after 3GX performs complete one of satellite antenna start blinking and then turn off for a few seconds and then comeback to normal its only one of the antennas who does that so I proceed to disconnect battery and initializes again so during this an old problem comeback the aileron servo do a wired movement as per attached video[video=youtube_share;wDQtj8RsGPM]http://youtu.be/wDQtj8RsGPM[/video] I have this problem in the past but it despaired for a while then she start doing it again not to often but now I can say it does it 3 times out of 10 :warning::help:I have a BEC installed and am using a Talon 90 with a DX8 Tx

I remember that after the first 10 flights we try to use trainer mode but with a JR radio and exactly when my friend activate the trainer button the servo do that movement and after that she do it but like I say not to often until now

I have to stop flying the bird cause am not sure if this is a signal problem or 3GX issue I have version 3.0 since new I never upgrade it

It would be nice to hear some advice on this regard

Angel

brent

Hi Totoheat,
That's crazy alright, I definitely wouldn't try flying with it like that.
My first thoughts are maybe something is dirty inside the servo, I would try switching the plugs with the elevator channel and see if the problem stays with the "could be faulty servo" or if it could be the ail channel of the 3gx causing the problem.

totoheat

Brent

Now am more worried ,this 3GX was originally installed in a Trex 550E DFC previous kit and there was when this issue starts but I crashed a few months ago and I got the New 550E PRO DFC kit and I use the same 3GX and sat antennas with ESC Talon 90 so this can discard the servo failure and be the Aileron ch on the 3GX as you mention as this are new servos that came with this new kit

the problem maybe relay on the 3GX ,but one thing I don't understand how current actually gets to the servo when the 3GX its about or in process to initialize ?

Its also weird that after 3GX perform initialization everything works I mean you apply Al, Th or Elevator and works...!!

as I mention before I remember this behavior on the bird one time I try to use Trainer with a JR radio on my DX8 so maybe this damage the 3GX Aileron channel am going to get another 3GX to confirm this behavior

I will get back when I have a result,Thanks

Angel

- - - Updated - - -

Tony

Weird thing is how current actually gets to the servo before 3GX perform initialization ?? am using a BEC I understand that servos are energized after 3GX complete initialization

Also this behavior appear after BEC gets energy I mean 3GX has not even light up

Thanks
Angel

brent

Oh okay, that does tend to show it is the 3gx but I would still switch the plugs around and see if the ele servo does the same thing just to confirm it is within the 3gx.
If it does then I would be looking at updating the firmware on the 3gx I think version 5 is the latest and have heard it flies fine.
I fly v4 on my 450 and it seems okay but took it off my 700n as the swash plate would tip over on spool up from the vibes but was okay in the air.
If your looking at buying another 3gx perhaps spend a little more and move to something like a beastx or ikon/msh brain/tracx but I would definitely update the firmware first to see if it fixes the problem and save you from having to pay for something new and leave you wondering what to do with the 3gx sitting in the cupboard.

totoheat

Brent

Thanks for that, I follow your advice and still doing it I think it also be a good idea to upgrade to newest version V5 and try and if problem remains well again I like idea of getting a different FBL system maybe I will go for Microbest I think

any way I will get back with result after upgrade

Angel

brent

No worries happy to talk it through as others do for me,
Iv'e never flown the beastx but have heard nothing but good about it.
And yes let us know how you get on with the firmware update.

totoheat

Brent

Well I have tried to save the 3GX but seems something wrong happen inside that even with update of V5 Version keep doing same with Ail servo so am about to decide which Gyro will be fitted on this Bird

am sure this happen when we tried to hook the JR as Trainer radio with my DX8

I have a few incidents after that with Deans on my 6S I have a bad connection and big spark jump onto my hand but the problem was there already so it may be the JR

am looking to Beastx or Ikon and soon I fitted I will let you know how it goes

Nice talk to you

Angel

Slobberdog

before you go and buy a new fbl controller write down all your tx settings and delete the model and reprogram it, then rebind and see if it still does the same thing, had to do it on my 450 recently.

totoheat

Seems that still is the problem running on the 3 GX as keeps doing it now not so often but still

I have done complete configuration with new model and DIR menu 3 times, did yours doing same thing with the servo as in the video attached? just wondering cause now I know that other friend has same issue in a 550E

any way Thanks for the advice

Angel

Top Bottom