Servos servo hunting for Trex 600

Derek

What would be a good choice for servos for a Trex 600 that don't cost a lot (no BK servos) but still have decent quality? Or, are the Align DS615 and DS655 servos the way to go?

damhdearg

That's what I have on 3 of my helis Derek, nothing wrong with them. I've flown them all a lot and crashed numerous times and they've held up(with plastic servo horns). They do fair alot better than the ds 410/415's on my 450. If you have them already there's no need to swap.

Derek

Yes, I do have them on my 600 already and there is an issue with them that has caught my attention . It may not be an issue at all. I'm at work right now but I'll try to remember to make a short video that shows my concerns and we'll go from there.

murankar

Staff member
I have not priced servos for a 600 but I did find some for 550. I was at heli direct and found a complete set of rjx (the makers of bk servos) for $330 or so. I think 550 and 600 size helis run the same size servos.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

pvolcko

I run align DS-615 and 655's on my TRex 700. No issues at all. Crashed it once and had to replace a set of gears. Rest held up great and the gear replacement went smooth.

Derek

Well, I can't say that I have an "issue" with my servos, just a concern. Its hard to describe in text. I'm at work right now but I'll post a video of my concerns. I think the video would show my concern better.

NEXRC

I have RJX installed on the Goblin 630 and can't tell the difference with the previous set (Torque) I had. We have very competitive price on these servos, check these out HERE

Thanks,

Lee

Derek,
The RJX are very similar to the BK servos I run on my Goblin.
Amazing quality for the price.
I would def consider checking them out at Kevins shop :)

Top Bottom