450 servo gear change.

danhampson

After an excellent flight this morning 3 packs, doing side in hover and a bit of forward flight. All went well and we both came home in one piece.
This afternoon i was checking it over as i do after ever trip out and noticed that the tail servo is notchy/clicking.
So ive ordered a new gear set that should be with me in the next few days. Is it an easy job to do, ive not had chance to look for any videos yet.

heli-maniac

yes it easy todo just take out the screws from the case liftoff the top were the gear comes through
take the other gears off in order and replace with new ones

danhampson

Cheers jesse. Not quite sure how it happened. I did have a hard landing last week but there didnt seem to be anything worge at the time, maybe they have just gone with usage.

Westy

LEGEND
yes it easy todo just take out the screws from the case liftoff the top were the gear comes through
take the other gears off in order and replace with new ones

Press down on the splined output shaft with your thumb as you lift the top gear case toward it..... that was you will keep it all intact..... then you can lay it all out and replace one gear at a time :)

Lee

And take a picture of the gear placement before you take them off. Its easy to forget which one went where :D I've done it many times LOL

danhampson

Ive changed the servo gear (really easy) thought id post a picture of the broken gear.

20130501_170429.jpg
i'll be taking her out tomorrow morning after work, wind permitting. i love flying at 6 in the morning.

20130501_170429.jpg

Top Bottom