Servos Servo arms

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
If I have servo arms "5mm" dia. with four holes long and if I go back one hole or the third hole will the heli react differently or will I not even notice any differences at all? Thanks in advance.
BTW 550 heli :).

Tony

Staff member
If you are talking about going from inside to outside or vise-versa, yes, it will make a difference and you will have to reprogram your gyro.

If the balls are closer to the center (shortest throw), you will have more control, however you will have to give more stick input to get the helicopter to react.

If you go further out, you will have faster responses, however you will not have as much control as it is more sensitive to input. You can dial this down with Expo and to an extent, D/R, however the resolution of the servo may override any smoothness your controller can add.

Hope that makes sense. It's all about "Moment Of Force"
τ=F×d

where τ is the moment of force/torque
F is the force
d is the perpendicular distance from the line of action of the force to the pivot

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yeah, I was trying to take the easy way out but I don't think so. I'll just order new ones even though I have aluminum ones which I really don't care for. They look pretty but dangerous for your servo :).

Top Bottom