Sea Vixen Building

The new Sea Vixen. The only thing I haven't been able to do is get the connection from tx rx and esc to work.. but it's built now..... just trying to sort out the esc... hopefully will have it sortd soon....
IMG_7317.jpg the new box and the bits and pieces
IMG_7320.jpgIMG_7321.jpgIMG_7322.jpgIMG_7323.jpgIMG_7324.jpgIMG_7325.jpgIMG_7326.jpgIMG_7327.jpgIMG_7328.jpgIMG_7329.jpgIMG_7330.jpgIMG_7331.jpg

slowly stick it together and the cat trying to help

IMG_7332.jpgIMG_7333.jpgIMG_7334.jpgIMG_7336.jpgIMG_7337.jpgIMG_7338.jpgIMG_7341.jpgIMG_7343.jpgIMG_7344.jpgIMG_7346.jpg

IMG_7317.jpg

IMG_7320.jpg

IMG_7321.jpg

IMG_7322.jpg

IMG_7323.jpg

IMG_7324.jpg

IMG_7325.jpg

IMG_7326.jpg

IMG_7327.jpg

IMG_7328.jpg

IMG_7329.jpg

IMG_7330.jpg

IMG_7331.jpg

IMG_7332.jpg

IMG_7333.jpg

IMG_7334.jpg

IMG_7336.jpg

IMG_7337.jpg

IMG_7338.jpg

IMG_7341.jpg

IMG_7343.jpg

IMG_7344.jpg

IMG_7346.jpg

Last edited:

EyeStation

I usually get an extra screw or something left in the box after a build. Never wound up with a full grown cat when I was done though. I had to laugh when the pictures went from tabletop to floor view. That's a good size bird there. And looks beautiful. Love those red highlights in the fuse top.
Good luck with the Bind and flight.

She looks nice... and the assemble was fairly easy and went together well. Not what I was expecting to be honest.
So I guess to make up for easy build, something else had to either be stupidly difficult, or just not work with electronics, but i'm slowly diagnosing it... worst case scenario i order the alloy fan and bigger better esc ;)

Yeah the cat does like to get involved in things haha

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah i realise I'm going to need a bigger bench lol

Ok solved my esc issues, but now have a tx/rx issue... but it's ok I can at least still fly haha
Just need to work out whats going on... but will work it out
Pics with landing gear will be uploaded shortly

IMG_7349.jpgIMG_7350.jpgIMG_7351.jpg
Just a few more pics... once I've taken her up a few more times, then I'll put the bomb racks, drop tanks and rocket pods on

IMG_7349.jpg

IMG_7350.jpg

IMG_7351.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I hope you have a lot of runway, or a strong arm. Looks like that EDF is a bit under sized. But, never know until you take it out and fly it. Hope all goes well, and get it on video or :banned:

70mm edf, and under quarter throttle on smooth ground she wants to run away...
I think there is enough there for me at the moment I think... will be trying to see what I can do tomorrow or one Monday or Tuesday. The hard part will be getting the video lol
Need to get someone with a camera to do the video

Chompwat

This bird is even more beautiful in flight than it is on the ground!
Hobbyking did a good flight video!
What are the radio issues that you are having?

It turned out to be a RX issue. I found I had another spektrum TX and tried it, and got it all to work, but am failing with my rx, which is odd, cos only a week ago it was working fine. Will have a look and see if I can work out what I've done.
But I've connected it to my 9XR and DX8. Only have the 9XR due to the club I'm with, hardly anyone with spektrum, but oh well...
It will go to the old man later, and use my spektrum for everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Once i've got a few landings under my belt with this thing, I'll put the rocket pods etc on it

Sadly couldn't make it out to the field today, so no maiden. We will see what happens in the next few days... otherwise there is next week

Well I wont be flying this weekend either... not happy... but sadly wedding anniversary takes priority at the moment :(
Oh well.... should be a nice weekend away, but I really want to get out and fly and maiden this thing... oh well, just means more time for me to get the camera to hook up onto it ;)

Top Bottom