Screen recorder needed

Tony

Staff member
Download OBS Studio. It's what I use for the live streams, but can do screen recordings as well. I have used it to just record rather than stream.

Tony

Staff member
It's way overkill for just screen recording once in a while, but it will work great as long as you have anything over a baseline computer. And best of all, it's free.

bigone5500

@Tony Playing around with this program just now to see if I can get it to do what I want. I have tinkered with the settings and can't figure out why the audio is stuttering. It also has a high pitch sound to it. Here is a quick video I did. Check it out and see if you can tell what I need to do.

Tony

Staff member
Check your computers memory and CPU usage when everything is running. I"m wondering if you are not maxing out on one or both of them.

bigone5500

Check your computers memory and CPU usage when everything is running. I"m wondering if you are not maxing out on one or both of them.

I have an intel Core i7 3720 QM CPU and 16GB DDR3 Ram. That should be enough but as my video card has went kaput, there is more stress on the processor. So on that note, I may need to close some programs in the system tray and see what happens then.

Tony

Staff member
Try raising your bitrate on the video capture. And up your audio a bit. All of it is in settings, but I can't remember exactly where.

Top Bottom