Scorpion vs. align

murankar

Staff member
Gaba here is the test of the scorpion. so far the video of the 800mx has been pulled.

Last edited by a moderator:

Westy

LEGEND
how do you mean the 800mx has been pulled? .... where is the comparative data to the thread start? :(

murankar

Staff member
Thats just it, the 800mx burned up just before it hit its continuous amperage. Align has made a bold move a few months back against Scorpion. Scorpion then released the comparative data videos. Now months later the videos have been removed as of right now. I am still looking for the video of the Align 800mx.

- - - Updated - - -

The video I am looking for was done by Georges Van Gansen. he is the founder of Scorpion Motors. I found Align did a video of the 800mx and of course it lives up to what is claimed.

murankar

Staff member
That slug fest was started by Align. I have 2 scorpion motors and I cant wait till the day comes when I can use the the HKIII 2221-8 3595 Kv motor again.

Those look like really solid motors. I will agree with the him on the fact that they are pricey. Now they need to make one for my kit.

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ahhh ... now I get it! haha

I personally do not like immature competitors that slug it out in the public arena ... Since I heard about this slug fest ... I turned to see who else was in the market and low and behold ... came up with a better option

KDE DIRECT!

KDE Direct Design Engineering - Episode I: XF Brushless Motors - YouTube

KDE Direct XF Brushless Motor Series - New Release (600XF-1100) - YouTube

I like scorpion but if u had to upgrade I would be going kde for sure!!

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

murankar

Staff member
Most of what I took was of the helis. I did not get any of the pit area and this morning I was thinking about that. I am a little disappointed about it. Next time there is a funfly I will try and remember to get some of the pits. My pic count was around 100 and some did not turn out due to focusing or blur.

Westy

LEGEND
That slug fest was started by Align. I have 2 scorpion motors and I cant wait till the day comes when I can use the the HKIII 2221-8 3595 Kv motor again.

Those look like really solid motors. I will agree with the him on the fact that they are pricey. Now they need to make one for my kit.

I understand that ... but Scorpion did no have to join in and drop to their level. They could have taken higher moral ground and stayed out of the sewer IMHO anyway..... not a good look

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I understand that ... but Scorpion did no have to join in and drop to their level. They could have taken higher moral ground and stayed out of the sewer IMHO anyway..... not a good look

Did you see what was said about Scorpion motors
No company that is proud of their product and have prven results will stay out of it.

And people .... May be not you and I... But many Actually make their buying decisions looking at such videos....

Scirpion had to respond and pick up the fight.

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

murankar

Staff member
I feel the same as gaba on this. Scorpion was on the verge of being punked and they had to defend their product. What sealed the fate for Align was that Photo shoot shortly after that. Its amazing how they are trying to promote their products, take a close look at the 450 Pros in that series of images. They used old Flybared heads from the anodized era. I wounder how much dust had to be knocked off those birds prior to the shoot or those pictures are that old.

Lee

Yep, Align deserve everything they get for the deliberate attack on Scorpion. I think Scorpion handled the situation as they should, by show actual proof rather than words, that there motors are better.

Tony

Staff member
This was one of those "You slap me, I punch you" kind of things lmao. This is one of the reasons why I'm very happy to see people going with xcell, goblin, warp and the like. Align is selling out IMO.

murankar

Staff member
I love my scorpions and will not look back. I have a 2580 kv (Protos mini) and a 3595 kv (EXI 450 PRO) motor and both rock have no complaints.

Westy

LEGEND
I have read a few issues with the NX4 .......... but not sure whether they are current of ironed them out. it was about the Tail slider assemblies spinning apart.

they have an X5 tail on them .... wonder if it got sorted?

Lee

The New KDS Helis are looking good. Prices are very competitive and everything is made in house except the blades. The 550,600 and 700 share 2/3 of there parts and they are very cheap to replace as well. They have a new multi stage drive heli coming out in October. If you see the way Justin Lee flys them, they can take a beating for sure.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
KDS is very good bird too

Mike ( a guy out there at the fun fly at alvarado, my friend) is flying NX4. He is extremely happy with it! :)

Top Bottom