SCALE HUGHS HELI:Look what i got my self into now

zapster

Heres the next project a Hughs MD500E .I got the HK 450GT Pro all fit into it today and holly $#!+ is it tail heavy.
I,m up for the challenge i think because i had the 2200 lipo stuck in the nose as far forward as i could and it still
tilts back a little.I have a scale lighting kit still to put in it and all electronic are coming forward too.
OH Yeah next time i post pictures of this heli it wont look like this i,m going to paint it,maybe something pretty wild !!!

MD500E 3.jpg

MD500E 2.jpg

MD 500E.jpg

MD500E 1.jpg

Tony

Staff member
If there was ever a time for flybarless, this is it... I know where you can get a great FBL heli too :biggrin1:

So when are we going to see this thing crash *ahem* I mean fly? hehe

Tony

Staff member
Hey, I'm sitting here thinking, and if you want that 3 axis gyro and the FBL head, we can chat about it and work out a deal. I can assure you it won't fly very well without the gyro, and it's the only way I will sell the head. Hit me up in the chat, or Skype and we will chat.

jaguarxj1

hey mister,very nice heli... really looks good, can you tell me please, what is weight of this kit?I always wondering..cause it's "looks" heavy :)

zapster

Hughs 500E ready for paint
OK i know i said next time you see the Hughs 500 it would be painted but i thought i would share just how i prep for paint.
As you can see i use pin stripe tape first to do the fine
tapping over the glass,its easyier to put right where i want it
and easyier not have to be critical with the final masking job.
I will mask the skids and the whole inside of heli
so as to not get any overspray inside the fuselage.
I,ll make cardboard handle/hangers for painting and handling purpose.
There you go tape it up first,sand it,tack cloth then paint it

Sanded 3.jpg

Sanded 1.jpg

Sanded 2.jpg

Last edited:

zapster

This Thing is done,Thank GOD,my girlfriend said the same thing.I,m very happy with how it turned out and how it flys.
I got about as crazy as you can get with it in my in my back yard thats only 80'x25'. its a lot less twitchy with the added
weight and its just more stable in flight yet less agile, so i,m forced to fly it scale witch i think will be better as far as i,ll
be less apt to smash it up,knock on wood.I,ll do a good flight video tomorrow i think the weather might permit it.

Hughs Finished.jpg

Hughs Fini.jpg

Hughs Done.jpg

Top Bottom