450 Scale 450 has vibration

mousie

Ok guys,built this exi pro and stuffed it into a md530 scale fuselage.Problem I am having it the rear horizontal wing vibrates so bad that it is a blur.It came apart twice already and re glued it.Any answers to get this thing to stop vibrating so bad.What do I need to look for in a tail vibration like this.Even after the fin broke it still seemed to vibrate but not as bad.Main blades are balanced and main shaft is new.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Vertical tail fin vibrating means trouble to be honest heehee.

Balance your tail blades and check all the way through for anything warped slightly. Tail output shaft may be?

Scale fuselages do tend to have a tendency of shaking a LOT! They cannot take high head speeds. If you were running a head speed on your stock (pod and boom) heli.. You cannot run that same head speed on that heli with a fuselage. The heli's frame is not designed for the fuselage but the fuselage is designed for the heli. So.. With so many different parts ok the fuselage, and gaps and all that structural stuff, the fuselage will tend to vibrate and shake to a point of fatigue and cracking.

If you are a 100 percent sure that you didn't have these shakes before putting the fuse on, and now you have them then lower down your headspeed through ye throttle curve and the of course you'll have to play around with the pitch curve to get it right..

If you have a doubt, check everything again. Definitely balance your tail blades. They are a very common point of failure sometimes. Even in 450 size.

Anywaz. If all that's done then head speed. ;)

Tony

Staff member
Lowering the head speed will make the vibration worse and more pronounced. This is not a headspeed issue. This sounds to me like a balance issue. I will bet money either your main shaft or feathering shaft is bent, or your main blades are way out of balance. Check all of that and let us know. The tail blades are spinning so fast, they won't really cause a vibration issue. Not on a scale you could see with your eyes anyway. It's more of a harmonic vibration than anything.

Lee

There are tonnes of things that could cause tail vibration. Look at my thread on it 450 tail vibration
As you will see i tried everything and it ended up being the carbon boom on mine.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am saying this by some experience. I am saying if the heli wasn't vibrating before in flight without the fuselage.. Then head speed is the issue.

I saw this first hand with someone at the field. He installed a fuselage on his heli. Maidened it and man did it vibrate! He lowered the head speed and it went down. A lot! I also have read about it sometimes.. BUT!

BUT! If I were you, I would do exactly what tony and lee are saying, check everything and balance everything very thoroughly! Maybe If at all possible, try hovering the heli without the fuselage. Fix it, make it perfect, and then put it back in..

If any shaft is bent and if any thing is wrong with the boom like tony and led ate saying , you need to fix that ! Right away. First... After that if you have vibrations in your heli, try the headspeed thing. Won't kill it.. And not drastic lowering .. May be reduce by 100 rpm- 150rpm lesser. Your heli will become less responsive to inputs.. Softer on the sticks but that's what you want with scaled fuselages.

Top Bottom