Trucks sc10. help?

bwright

i have an sc10 rs. i bought it as a roller. i put a 3900kv dtx motor with a element by castle esc in the truck. the motor has 3 black wires and the esc has a red a black and a white wire. im not sure which wire from the esc goes to which wire on the motor. can any1 help me?SAM_0428.jpg

SAM_0429.jpg

SAM_0428.jpg

bwright

no and there is a picture but it is super small and theres no color. i have it hooked up how it looks to me in the picture but im still scared to turn it on just in case i got it wrong.

Tony

Staff member
It doesn't matter how you plug them in. If the motor is running backwards, just reverse two of the wires. We also ask that you only create one thread to ask a question, not 3 in 3 separate sections asking the same exact thing.

Tony

Staff member
It's all good. Tryout the wire swap if it's rotating in reverse and let me know how it goes. I know on a sensored motor, you have to plug it in a certain way. But most brushless motors it doesn't matter. Hope to see some video of this little beast soon.

bwright

i got it running and used it until the battery died. i charged it and went to run it again and now i have no reverse and the throttle keeps cutting out as if the battery was dead. what now? also i fixed my 1/18th scale but now my battery dies in like 2 mins and its not even fast any more, is my battery just junk or could it be something else?

bwright

when i turn the truck on there are three leds in the esc. a red, a green, and a yellow. the red flashes then the esc makes a noise and goes to green. once its green it should be ok to use but when i give it full throttle it cuts out and the green and yellow start flashing and there is no forward or reverse throttle until i turn it off and back on. i am going to try to reset it tomorrow but if theres any other suggestions that would be great.

Tony

Staff member
I wish I knew more about this truck to help you out. I will see if I can find the info on what is happening

Tominator06

Rolling Harriers Are My Drug!
If you dont have the directions for the esc I would call castle. They have great customer support and will be able to tell you whet the blinking lights mean in no time.

Top Bottom