General Sbec pairing with esc

concodd

I have a Hobbywing platinum 150A pro programmable esc and a Yep 20A HV (2-12s) Sbec w/selectable voltage. Do I have to somehow join these two items together for them to work or are they both set up separately??

murankar

Staff member
I have not used a separate bec or sbec before. One thing I do know is that you will need to remove the power wire from the RX plug in the ESC. Now to get power to the bec you will tie that in at the battery terminal with the esc. Just in case the second part is wrong I would hold off until its verified.

Tony

Staff member
If the ESC is the one that I think it is (the one that says OPTO under the 150), then there is no reason to unplug any wires. Just connect the ESC into your throttle port on your Rx and connect your BEC into the Battery port on your Rx and you are done. You will need to solder the INPUT wires to the BEC onto the INPUT of the ESC though so that you can get power from the battery. You can make a harness so you can unplug the BEC if you wish.

pvolcko

You can make a harness so you can unplug the BEC if you wish.

I also highly recommend putting a connector between the power source and the SBEC. I like to use EC2 connectors. This allows you to power up the SBEC and other electronics with a small battery without powering up the ESC and main motor. Very useful and safe in bench setup and tweaking.

concodd

Yes Tony, you are correct, it does say opto under the 150, the only ports I have available on the RX is Aux 2 & 3 but I do have a throttle and a Bat/Aux out on my 3GX. if using an extra battery plus the sbec, where do I locate these items on the heli

Tony

Staff member
You can plug that BEC into that Batt port. As for where to locate everything, just start temporarily set them on the helicopter and keep checking your CoG of the helicopter. Once you have everything perfect, strap them down and you are ready to go. There really is no right or wrong place to put them, just as long as they are out of the way of any moving parts.

Top Bottom