Sad morning

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
After 10yrs of enjoyment, Stinky my avatar, and our ferret passed on early this morning. He was loved and enjoyed by everyone. He will be missed Sadge

Geena

Staff member
Oh my God, Ivan. I’m so sorry to hear about that. He was on of the coolest ferrets I have ever seen. My sincere condolences to you and Linda. ☹️

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Oh dear! Is ten years a long life for a ferret, sounds like it. May he RiP in ferret heaven :angel:
I have heard that 8yrs is the life expectancy so we were blessed with extra yrs :tears_of_joy: He was a unique individual and thanks Phil :).

RandyDSok

I know it doesn't apply to everyone, but for me a pet is as much a part of the family as any other member. It has always been rough for me to loose a pet. My condolences to the whole family D.O.G.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I know it doesn't apply to everyone, but for me a pet is as much a part of the family as any other member. It has always been rough for me to loose a pet. My condolences to the whole family D.O.G.
Especially when I'm a 60yr old man that never had kids. Our fur babies, like most of us, love and cherish them very much and it's never easy to say goodbye but we all know it's the best for them. I thank you Randy for your comfort :).

Heliman450

I'm following a couple of fur-baby Internet 'stars' and am guaranteed to get a smile on my face each day. I can well imagine how their 'parents' feel when they pass away. Two of my neighbours lost their dog at a ripe-old age resulting in a decision not to get another pet as the emotional trauma has affected them so profoundly.

I think it's great that you felt able to share your loss in the forum, I feel a part of the greater family.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. Yesterday did suck but talking about it to the members helped. We decided at our age no more new pets. Like Randy mention it's rough on us to lose a pet :(. I know he's in good hands :angel:

RandyDSok

We decided at our age no more new pets.

I made that decision long ago before my age was part of the equation. I was single and owned my own business which is still true today. I never know when I'll get back home to feed or let a pet outside ( if kept inside ). If or when I'd leave for a vacation or extended trip... the pet is going to have separation anxiety if left in a kennel and having friends or family that are close enough to the pet to avoid it... is also problematic. Finding housing that allows pets is also part of that equation. Now at my age, my own time that is left on this earth is more and more in question... presenting another possible chance of leaving the pet without their owner.

The potential emotional problems is definitely a two way street. Both separation and loss is felt by both the owners and pets alike. The emotional gains are many as well and I'm not discounting them here... I'm simply trying to put the pets feelings higher on my priorities since I think they feel the losses more and probably don't understand them like we can.

After 10yrs of enjoyment, Stinky my avatar, and our ferret passed on early this morning. He was loved and enjoyed by everyone. He will be missed Sadge
Ivan. I have lost several fur kids over the years. Not one of them was easy to deal with. They are family. My condolences.
Don

Top Bottom