600 SAB Goblin tail belt tension question

holtneil

Hi guys heard from dealer they want me to send servos back to them so they can send them to KST for repair ,this will take weeks to sort out , They are not going to waste man hours on stripping the servos down for repair they will just send new ones , so hope dealer will get there finger out of there butts and just send new ones , they have video proof that the servos are DOA

Heliman450

Hi guys heard from dealer they want me to send servos back to them so they can send them to KST for repair ,this will take weeks to sort out , They are not going to waste man hours on stripping the servos down for repair they will just send new ones , so hope dealer will get there finger out of there butts and just send new ones , they have video proof that the servos are DOA

Sounds like a mini disaster. Who's the supplier?

Good luck and fingers crossed that common sense prevails.

holtneil

Hi Heliman450 its China RC used them before like the KST servos , never had 2 DOA , I am a bit worried now that if the other 2 are from same batch that they may fail in flight , the seller is now saying about a refund for the 2 DOA but once they have them there , Or do I go for King servos at £220 for 4

Smoggie

Yeah, the servo problem is a real pain. Fingers crossed it gets sorted reasonably quickly. As you know I'm running those exact same KST servos in a couple of my 600 size helis, including my Goblin 630 and they have been fantastic, so I think you just got really unlucky getting two faulty ones.

The KingMax servos are nice too but a bit more expensive (still great value though).

Tony

Staff member
Same thing I thought when I read this. If you received two DOA, what's to say others won't fail... Just one of those things we chance every time we put one of these monsters in the air. At any time something could fail causing a crash. Keep us posted on what happens.

holtneil

Hi Guys well once KST sort the servos I will fly on them and see but I think xmas list will be a set of King max servos , any way my Kids got me the optipower back up power system for my birthday so thats going in the Goblin, the Spirit pro is on its way too , also 2 zippy compact 4000 mah batteries , and has any one tried this DryFluids Extreme Gear Lube its not cheap for a small bottle but reviews are ment to be good , you paint it on let it dry and your ready to go as its dry nothing sticks to it but under pressure its ment to one of the best lubes for high pressure gearing Rodney tests me and has some on order so may be a good thing to have in the tool box
dry lube.jpgdry lube close up.jpgdownload.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeT1mXi5OQA

dry lube.jpg

dry lube close up.jpg

download.jpg

Last edited:

Smoggie

Neil, has your 630 got the newer main gear with the alloy centre body? Mine is the original all plastic gear which i think SAB have now gone away from due to it flexing under high load. Probably more an issue on the 700 and 770 than the 630 but still nice to have the latest stuff.

I feel a Linx upgrade coming on for mine!

holtneil

Hi Steve No its all plastic I know the gear you mean CNC Delrin main gear , This Goblin is going to have a nice gentle life , I dont fly hard more like an old woman lol so I will never know if it flexes , I want to see if this dry lube does what it says on the bottle

Last edited:

holtneil

Hi Rodney make sure you shake well before using , I removed the nozzle and dipped the tiny brush in to the bottle

trainrider06

Hi Rodney make sure you shake well before using , I removed the nozzle and dipped the tiny brush in to the bottle

That makes more sense to do! I did my gears on the 500, have not even had an opportunity to even do a test hoover on the thing....:(

holtneil

Hi Guys just an update the Spirit pro came and is fitted ( still not fully set up still need that servo ) any way had problems due to using the Castle ESC and the spirit pro both need different throttle ranges to work , on first set up I only had normal and idle 1 No change to head speed in Idle 2 , Had a chat with my best friend Steve and we worked out how to get round the problem so bailout recovery and the 3 head speeds work ( how to do this is in the gyro thread ) any way had the heli running ( blades off) and all it working well ,the dry lube is doing a good job at staying put on the main gear , also Scorpion motor bearing iol is like rocking horse poo in the uk no one has any so I am trying this ,Heli option bearing iol with nanotechHPET002_LRG_body.jpg

HPET002_LRG_body.jpg

Smoggie

Good stuff Neil,

The replacement servo arrived over the weekend (at my work) so tomorrow I'll test it and get it sent to you. I'm doing my 'North Sea Tiger' bit Tuesday to Friday but should be back on dry land for the weekend, so hopefully in time to hear the maiden flight report!

Good luck!

Steve

Top Bottom