450 rudder

Geena

Staff member
Yes, it`s possible to save the helicopter if you lose rudder. I have done it a few times due to servo failure twice, and a broken bell crank one time.

Geena

Staff member
Well.... there is no easy way to explain it. But you do have to hit throttle hold, so that the helicopter will stop yawing. From there, it`s a matter of 10% skill, and 90% luck. Every time it!s happened to me, it`s been with a 600-700 size helicopter. It`s going to be very difficult with a 450 though.

buel williams

Well.... there is no easy way to explain it. But you do have to hit throttle hold, so that the helicopter will stop yawing. From there, it`s a matter of 10% skill, and 90% luck. Every time it!s happened to me, it`s been with a 600-700 size helicopter. It`s going to be very difficult with a 450 though.
ok I got it but every little thing helps so thank you very much.

Geena

Staff member
What I try to do, is keep the disc as flat and level as I can. It`s like doing a stationary piro, but really fast. Then I get the helicopter down to about 2 feet from the ground before I hit throttle hold. Throttle hold will usually stop the helicopter from yawing, and you just let it settle down and land. You need to be able to land in any orientation though, because you never know where the tail is going to be when it stops yawing. Also. if you give too much positive collective when you let it settle, there is a good chance the helicopter will start yawing again when you try to land.

I suggest setting up in flight failures on the simulator and practice it.

buel williams

What I try to do, is keep the disc as flat and level as I can. It`s like doing a stationary piro, but really fast. Then I get the helicopter down to about 2 feet from the ground before I hit throttle hold. Throttle hold will usually stop the helicopter from yawing, and you just let it settle down and land. You need to be able to land in any orientation though, because you never know where the tail is going to be when it stops yawing. Also. if you give too much positive collective when you let it settle, there is a good chance the helicopter will start yawing again when you try to land.

I suggest setting up in flight failures on the simulator and practice it.
oh yea the trusty simm thanks again.

Top Bottom