Royal Wedding....

Keith

Just watched the wedding... bought back a lot of memories...

It was a big surprise to see the courtyard of Buckingham Palace all tarmaced....

The last time I saw it, it was all gravel... Believe it or not but I used to drive up the mall and into Buck palace everyday around 4 pm...

I used to be the queens postman...?

I was in the forces at the time and would drive a minivan carrying two red brief cases...

One had a coat of arms on it, that was the queens personal mail, the other was the mail for the palace household...

The palace has it's own post office, it's the small red door on the far right. The one on the left was where the queens mail went....

I would travel all round that area with time sensitive mail... you would be surprised whats under them buildings in Whhitehall...

Hope I haven't breached any official secrets, I'm talking more than forty years ago...

If you don't see me on here again address all my mail to MI5.....

Whirlybird

Nice memories Keith! I'm sure the day had special meaning for you. I gained some points today by waking my wife as Kate was about to enter the Abby :)

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I have to say some of us here in the US are pretty excited about the wedding. I don't know if it's exactly the "event of the century" as some have billed it, but I have to say it can do nothing but good for Great Britain. I can only see it bringing the country together. As tough as things have been in the world financials and with other crummy things like terrorism, every good country in the world needs something like this. Whether we like it or not, this was history, and important history at that. We can say we were here to see it or at least recognize it happened. Congrats to Will and Kate. I wish them a well and happy life together.

Top Bottom