700 Ronalds 700 DFC set up Thread

roncord700eHV

:thinking: am glad to find this web site to help everyone that has problem or question,

I have a t-rex 700e dfc hv with dx18 and 9020 receiver bec rce-b6x castle ice2 hv connected I have this heli for a month probably and not finish to make it run seriously.

my question are:

collecting pitch is a nightmare because I pitch the heli I turn the heli and after that I turn the radio and the swashplate tild on one site but if I turn the radio and after the heli the swahplate stay normal, I don't know is normal.

my rud not move if move on the transmitter but no on the heli, what is the cause of that?

my 3GX has two light green but when I move the thro stick is move but with difficult is like is stoch with something on the travel time when go up or down. When I put it in hold it move better I don't know why cause that.

another question is when you collecting pitch the heli need to be power from the bec and from the heli battery (22.2v) or just the bec and the lIPO 7.4V
WHEN YOU COLLECTING THE PITCH WHERE YOU GO ON THE TRASMITTER TO CHANGE THE VALUE OF THE PITCH GAGE TO GET 12 OR THE OTHER 8

I HAVE MY PITCH CURVE 0 50,50,100 And my thro curve 0,50,50,100 I don't know is those value are find.

The transmitter is in mode 2 the rest of the value are INHIBIT. I don't know how to set up value to all those stick on the transmitter.
I just need hel this just frustrate seriously, and thanks for take your value time to read and help me on this.

the motor is not working I just here the bit bit bit but is not moving.

collecting pitch is a nightmare I saw your video you make real simple but really for me is hardbe cause I never get 100% right

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee

Re: set up 700e dfc hv 3gx, motor and rud, pitch

Hello friend,
I have moved your question to the correct forum (700 helicopters)
The Introduction forum is for exactly that. Just to say hello and tell us about yourself and what you fly.
So please go there and tell us about you :)

As for your questions.
I'm afraid a lot of what you are asking is difficult for me to interpret. I guess English is not your first language.
No problem, we will try our best to help.
What can help a lot, is if you can make a small video to show us some of the problems.

Is this your first CP helicopter?
If so, there are a lot of things that need to be addressed before you try to fly this 700.
Firstly your radio settings for this helicopter
My suggestion is to find somebody close to you that know helicopters and can check all your settings before you fly.

One thing I can definitely tell you from here, is the Pitch and Throttle curves.
Your settings are not right.
Pitch curve for Norm mode should be something like this 45,47,50,75,100.
Throttle should be 0,45,65,65,65
This will give you a much smoother flight

The 3GX guys will help you out very soon i'm sure. I don't know this unit as I fly Ikon.

Welcome to the forum and good luck.

roncord700eHV

PITCH COLLECTION AND DX18 SET UP FOR HELI700eDFC HV

every time that I collect the pitch one side is far than the other side. How to correct the pitch level in the transmitter that both side get correct level?

How to set up the SWASHPLATE TO GET THE RIGHT PITCH
HOW TO SET UP PITCH CURVE AND WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THAT
HOW TO SET UP THRO CURVE AND WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THAT
HOW TO SET UP D/R AND EXPO IN THE DX18
HOW TO SET UP A THRO CUT
HPOW TO SET UP GYRO FOR HELI ON THE DX18
HOW TO SET UP THE GOV ON THE DX18 FOR HELI700e dfc HV
HOW TO SET UP A MIXING ON THE DX18 FOR HELI700e DFC HV
HOW TO SET UP A BALANCE ON THE DX18 FOR HELI IF I HAVE TO
HOW TO SET UP CYCLE ON THE DX18 FOR HELI

Lee

Re: PITCH COLLECTION AND DX18 SET UP FOR HELI700eDFC HV

First you need to make sure the servo arms are centred on the servo.
Then adjust the links from servos to swash, and swash to blades, to the correct length, as the manual asks you to do.
Watch Tonys video on setting up the DX8. Most of the setting will be similar in the DX18

EyeStation

Judging by the other posts, it does not appear that you have even set up the gyro on the helicopter yet. Before that there are quite a few mechanical things that have to be correct first.
Tony has a nice set of videos here to get to understand the setup. It is a 450 build, http://www.rc-help.com/content.php/310-align-450-pro-v2-3gx-build
Post what you are using for electronics. I.E. FBL Unit, Speed Controller, and we know you are using the DX18 for your TX.
That should give us a better idea of where to start.

pvolcko

Holy hell...

Okay. Not to be alarmist, but first unplug the motor from the ESC and/or take the blades off the helicopter -- tail and main blades. Until you have the transmitter setup right, you have the heli powered properly, have the receiver talking to the 3GX as expected, and have it all wired properly do not put the blades on it and do not connect the ESC to the motor. Once you're there you're ready to do 3GX setup. For that you can put the blades on, but do not plug the motor into the ESC. Once 3GX is setup, do castle ESC setup. For this remove blades then connect the ESC to the motor. You will be able to spin things up safely without blades on in order to test everything. Still be careful of the head and tail rotor hubs as they will be spinning and potentially injure you if you come into contact with them.

A 700 size helicopter is no joke. It can and will kill or maim you or anyone else in the area if you don't know what you're doing. Even seasoned pilots of these things have mishaps. The tips of the blades will spin in excess of 300 miles per hour. They will hit with the energy of a lawn mower blade. Think of this as a giant flying lawn mower deck, without the protective casing around it.

Second, given the language barrier issues we're likely to have here and the level of experience it appears you have with this stuff, I also highly suggest you find a local club or hobby shop that will guide you up through setup, testing, and first flights.

Third, if you've invested this much in a 700, I might suggest that you pick up a smaller collective pitch helicopter to get your feet wet. Maybe a 130x, a mcpx, AXE100, or 300X. Something that will be cheaper to fix, less dangeous, and less headache to setup (most in the class are bind and fly with no out of box setup required aside from programming your transmitter). 700 size helis are expensive to fix. While they are stable in the air, they can be intimidating and dangerous in the hands of a novice. The micros are far less stable, but they take a beating and are good for getting through the takeoff, landing, and tail-in hovering stages.

Do you have a simulator, such as Phoenix or RealFlight? One of these is also money well spent. They save you a lot of time, money, and aggravation as you progress through learning new maneuvers and you can fly no matter the weather or time of day.

Lee

+1 on what Paul is saying.
As I mentioned briefly,in my previous post, but i will also remind you.
By the way you are talking, you are a beginner, and need to learn a lot of things before even attempting to start on this 700.
Don't try to set up orfly this heli by yourself.
Get help from some near you to help set this up, test fly it and help you through the learning process.
I have been flying for 4 years, and I still don't own a 700.
As Paul also said, this size helicopter WILL KILL you if you make a mistake.
Take his advice and buy something small to learn on, and a simulator.

What is your first language? May be one of us can speak to you in your native tongue.
Good luck and be safe :)

Derek

I don't mean any disrespect, roncord700eHV, but I'd like to ask you a question. How much experience do you have with flying rc helicopters?

pvolcko

The upside to getting and learning first basics on a micro is that when you do progress to the 700 it will be easy as pie. :)

roncord700eHV

3gx THROTTLE CALIBRATION

I FOLLOW THE PROCEDURE FROM THE BOOK BUT I DONT KNOW HOW TO SET UP THE THRO CURVE AND THE THRO CUT AND PITCH CURVE:thinking::banghead:

roncord700eHV

Ihave the pitch right now but i don't know how to do the cycle pitch or pitch curve or thro curve just idon't know the setting on the radio dx18

- - - Updated - - -

ANOTHER THINK IS WHEN I MOVE MY THRO UP THE RUD MOVE AT THE SAME TIME HOW I CAN FIX THAT

- - - Updated - - -

I JUST HAS CURIOUS HOW YOU RESET THE 3gx TO A FACTORY SETTING OR WE CAN JUST SET UP NEW SETTING EVERY TIME.

roncord700eHV

One month i have little v913 so i get this 700 from gif

- - - Updated - - -

I DON'T MEAN TO BE RUD BUT I THINK EVERY ONE START WITH SOMETHING I DON'T THINK THAT WE WILL BE A EXPERT IN ONE DAY I SAW A KIT 4 YEARS OLD FLIGHT 250 OR 450 I CAN'T REMEMBER, SO WHY I CAN NOT TRY TO, AND THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

- - - Updated - - -

I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR HELP I WILL TAKE ALL YOUR COMMENTS AND EXPERTISE

- - - Updated - - -

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUGGESTION I WILL TAKE IT STEP BY STEP

Lee

I have moved all your other threads into this one to keep things together, and renamed it "Ronalds 700 DFC set up thread"

We are not trying to scare you, just make sure that you are safe before trying this helicopter.
The 4 year old kid you are probably talking about, has been using a simulator since he was 3 years old.
He is flying a 250/450. This is a big difference from a 700, and most people start with the 450 after flying small helicopters like the V913.

Lets start from the beginning.
What are your flying skills?
Read, and watch everything you can find about your Radio (DX18)
Watch all Tonys videos about the 3GX set up and 450 set up. These will help with the 700 set up.

I would recommend getting a 450 size helicopter to learn on first before trying to fly the 700, or as I said before, get someone near you to help you.
Do not attempt to fly this size heli by yourself if you cannot already fly very well.

We are not trying to discourage you, just making sure you are safe. I hope you understand.

Cheers Lee

Tony

Staff member
Roncord, the members in this thread have posted exactly what you need to do to get this helicopter in the air safely. As Paul first stated, the 700 size helicopters have killed two people in the last few years, so they are proven to be lethal. If you have no experience with helicopters, you really need to set this one on a shelf and get a 450 or smaller like an mcpx or 130x.

Lee just took quite a bit of time to combine all of your posts. I have no idea why you kept creating new threads on the EXACT SAME QUESTION but please dont' do it again. You have a thread here that the members are helping you in, please use it. I don't want to be rude, but you asked questions, my members and staff have answered. Going on an ALL CAPS RAGE BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS BEING WRITTEN is an attack on my members and staff, and is a bannable offense. Calm down, step away from the helicopter and take some breaths.

We want to help all members that come to this forum, and do everything we can to help you all. However if you don't read and apply what is being written, then there is no way we can help you. The 700 is no joke, the 700HV is even more so, and with you just learning about helicopters, the 700HV with 3GX and DX18 is a VERY LARGE learning curve. It's going to take time to understand all of this.

Again, I would suggest learning with something smaller. If you crash a 130x, you are looking at about $15 to repair it in most cases. When you crash your 700, you are looking at $250 at least.

Read through this thread, it will help you. Watch my videos, they will help you. Everything that I have shown will apply to the DX18, but may not be in the same menu. You will have to find it in your Tx.

Again, please don't go attacking my members. If you feel that you must attack them to get your answers, please go to another forum as that kind of behavior is not welcome here. We are all one big family here, and there will be no arguing or attitudes. I hope this is clear, because this is your only warning. I have received multiple reports from your threads from multiple members. I have better things to do other than babysit a few members on this forum.

Please don't create any new threads. There is a reply box to THIS thread that you can use for all your help that you are asking, but please be an adult about it.

You have to want to learn in order to apply what we are telling you. There is no "magic way" to get these going. You MUST learn what each setting does, and it's going ot take months if not years to fully understand it all.

murankar

Staff member
I hope this member is still here, he needs us if he wants to fly his hv one day.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom