450 Rocking chair effect.

hawk-i

Hey guys got a bit of a head scratcher for ya I got out one of my 450 se clones that was flying ok the last time I flew it but now it want's to pitch back and forth when hovering. It does it so violently I almost crashed it. I saw I had a tooth missing on the main gear and replaced it, checked the bottom gear and tightened the belt but that had no effect. I still have a flying rocking chair. Any ideas?

EyeStation

Hey there Hawk. First thing Eye would try is to re-bind the transmitter to the receiver. If nothing else has changed, seems like the best place to start.
Post your TX,RX, Gyro and ESC info if it gets deeper than that.

Lee

Without knowing more, it could be many things, like head wobble from low head speed, but as said, more info needed.

hawk-i

Sorry to take so long to get back but it's dark by the time I get home from work without daylight savings time. It's a flybar type machine and I replaced the main shaft and gear but still the same problem. On spool up I don't get any wobble until I get it up in the air. the jerking is so violent it almost cause's me to crash.

Tony

Staff member
I'm thinking this is a head speed issue. Try raising your head speed. I'm not sure what your throttle curve is set to now, but I would suggest something around 0 40 70 70 70 for a very stable helicopter.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, that is caused by your head speed being way too low. Raise it up about 10% and see what it does.

hawk-i

Thanks, I'll try that as soon as the temperature gets above freezing here. We got a winter storm heading our way, supposed to get here tonight so guess I'm grounded for a while.

Top Bottom