Chargers Revolectrix

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience on these chargers?
I have an imaxB6 that I'm thinking of upgrading, and the old man needs a charger. I could go cheap again, but I'm wanting something better.
I know they have a bit of a price tag on them, but I also don't want to be spending the earth. Something up to about $200 would be what I'm looking at, with charging boards.

Sweet... well I'll have to have more of a look around. Might see what the LHS has as well. Since they did a good deal for the old man with his stuff, maybe I can get a good deal on something for myself

Slobberdog

I run the icharger 3010b and its wicked, just remember with the chargers like the revolectrix and Icharger they require a power supply unit to run them, capable of 1000w + and 50 amps

pvolcko

I have an icharger 3010b and a powerlab 6. Both are strong units. I like the interfacing a bit better on the icharger but the power lab has better power handling and balance tech in it. Both are good, but I'd rate the power lab ahead and worth the extra coin.

murankar

Staff member
I have been looking at that charger myself. Looks like its a really good charger and it can do a 12s setup.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
I was just reading the beginning of the manual and saw that you can daisy chain another pl6 to it for increased charging capacity.

Is this unit bulky looking in a charging case? I am thinking that this unit would have to be mounted on the lid instead of with the power source.

pvolcko

The PL6 is plenty powerful enough on it's own. There are reasons you might want two:
1) you want to charge two 12S 5000mah stick packs at 4C rate at the same time.
2) you want to charge two different types of batteries at the same time.
3) you want to charge two of the same type at different starting charge levels, at the same time.

I've done 24V 40A charges with it (2C 5000mah 6S x4). It is a beast. And you'll need a fairly beefy power supply to feed it if you want to utilize it at full tilt. Even beefier if you want to run two off it at the same time.

murankar

Staff member
I have enough for a 1000 watts. I think that will handle 3S at 5c just fine. I don't see a need for much more than that for now.

Yes this charger could be your last for a long time unless you need a pl8 or the newest dual pl8.

vimy

Yes this charger could be your last for a long time unless you need a pl8 or the newest dual pl8.

When I was purchasing my Revo PL8 chargers, I first considered the Dual PL8. When I looked at the specifications for Dual PL8, they were completely different to the single PL8 unit.

When I contacted Revo and asked about it, they said it is NOT the same charger design.

In other words, the Dual PL8 is not just two single unit PL8's in the one box. The circuit design for the Dual, is more like the design of the PL6 but it operates at higher voltage (up to 48VDC) and delivers a lower current than the single PL8.

The other thing, it cannot be daisy chained with a single PL8 or with another Dual PL8. It is meant as a stand alone unit. It can however, operate in
"Expansion Channel Mode", where channel 1 can control channel 2.

This is the same mode of operation as daisy chaining two single PL6 or PL8 units together.

Revolectrix

Revolectrix

I opted for two single PL8 units so I have the option of daisy chaining or using them as single units. I also wanted the 32VDC supply voltage they operate on, rather than the higher 48VDC of the Dual. This is because, the lower voltage, higher current power supplies are easier to come by.

The build quality of the Revo units are excellent. They don't feel cheap and nasty and solidly built.

chargh

I have a Pl8 and it is awesome! I have had it a couple of years now and it has worked great, no problems at all. I use two server power supplies for 24 volts 47 amps and can parallel charge two 6s 5000 in under 16 minutes.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom