ESC Reversing Motors Using Blheli

bigone5500

I need to reverse 2 of my motors on my quad to get it to fly. I can't figure out how to do this.

@Tony How did you do this on yours? I sure hope this doesn't turn out to be a nightmare like what we dealt with last night.

Tony

Staff member
Download this file and then install it into chrome. I think you can still install things into chrome anyway... Or, just reverse those two motors by swapping any two wires on those two motors.

Attachments

• blheli-configurator-master.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 2

bigone5500

Sorry for the late reply. I downloaded this and got it to run but when I connect, it simply states 'RTFM' on the screen.

Tony

Staff member
What the hell... See if you can go into the chrome store and find that app. I doubt it, but it's worth a shot. I found that one on github which is where you have to get the new betaflight. I couldn't find the windows OS blheliconfigurator....

bigone5500

I think I'm getting somewhere with this program. I am able to reverse Motor 1 but I can't figure out how to go to the other motors. I need to reverse Motors 2 and 3.

blheli2.jpg

Tony

Staff member
That is not what mine shows. UGH, Friggin chome getting rid of these apps is a nightmare.

Have you tried clicking on the 1234 at the bottom of the screen?

bigone5500

Ok Tony. I found the latest version of that on google and installed it. It runs fine. Now I just need to figure out what's going on. My motors are not spinning in the correct orientation. Motors 2 and 3 are backwards on my quad for some reason. I have them soldered correctly on the ESC according to the silk screen labels. I hope they didn't muck that up too.

I gotta go eat...

Tony

Staff member
The motor numbers on the ESC board do not correspond to the motor numbers in betaflight. You will just hook up the motors to the closest ESC which is the one at that particular leg of the quad.

Top Bottom