General reverse setting

jmerl

What exactly does the reverse setting do? I notice all recommended setting for my heli are "n" except pitc which is "r". Book explains vaguely but not enought to make sense to a rookie. What do n and r stand for? I assume no and reverse? What effects do these setting have ?

pvolcko

Normal and reverse. It changes the control direction the TX sends. If normal has a stick turning a servo clockwise for increasing stick position, reverse will make that same stick movement turn the servo counter-clockwise.

Last edited:

Stambo

Simple really, it is for normal and reverse.
Easiest to explain is your rudder.
You set up your aircraft and test it's functions, you move the rudder left on your tx but it moves right on your aircraft.
Now you switch your rudder channel to reverse and everything works as it should.
It depends on the aircraft and which way the servo is mounted as to whether you have to reverse it or not.

To take your heli pitch as an example. If you left it at normal and you leaned your stick forward, the heli would pitch backwards making it very difficult to control.

LOL ok Paul, you type faster than me. :)

pvolcko

Up is down, down is up. Cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria!

It is used when the orientation of the servo installation is such that the normal direction would cause the servo travel to be in the wrong direction. When FBL units get into the mix it becomes a little more confusing because the "pitch" channel doesn't control just one servo, it is controlling in effect all the cyclic servos. In this case reversal does the same thing, changes the control direction, but it's meaning vis a vis specific servos is modified to mean "change the control output direction to the FBL" instead of to a specific servo. So reversing pitch channel will result in, usually, the whole swash going down instead of up on a collective stick up move, for instance (or the other way around, depends on the FBL unit).

I hope we've confused you thoroughly, now. :)

jmerl

So basically if I were to install a tail servo backwards I can use reverse setting to get it to function in the proper direction?

pvolcko

If you install a tail servo backwards and are using a gyro or FBL unit, then you need to change the correction direction too, I think. Not sure on that one. But you need to check it. At least I would. Several times. :)

Top Bottom