General Reverse pitch?????

bweber

So I bound my little blade SR (i wouldn't buy it again) to my DX8 just to try and learn the fell of the new controller on something a little less expensive then my X50. I set up a model like any other heli. the swash moves correctly in all direction but the pitch is completely reversed. if the swash goes up the i get negative pitch and when the swash goes down i get positive pitch. i should mention that i did have to replace the the central rotor hub and i am about 99.99% positive everything is assembled correctly based on the included manual. i have no clue what would cause such a thing and yes the blades are on the right way. Thank for the help

Tony

Staff member
If you can post a pic of the head it would help. But if it was correct before, then something is reversed. Post a pic and lets see if we can figure this out.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I think... Your blade grips are reversed.. Is your heli supposed to be trailing edge control or leading edge! ? (control links at back of the blade or front) what is your heli set at now?

If swash is moving right.. Then this is the only thing can be wrong in a head..

murankar

Staff member
when I rebuilt my whole rotor assembly I installed the washout base upside down. This caused the blade grip linkages to be on the leading edge. Not sure if this is your issue, just something to look at.

bweber

thanks for the help every one. I did get it figured out. In fact my dad figured it out. and he knows very very little about heli's. any way what it ended up being is that on this particular model the swash plate is reversed. in other words when your stick goes up the swash goes down creating your positive pitch and vs-versa for negative. so it was just a matter of reversing the movement of my stick to the movement of the swash. would have help if i would have read the manual because it is in there i just missed it.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Haha interesting... Very interesting.

Never seen that in an actual heli ..

Does it have bell mixers on blade grips? Cool..
Glad you figured it out. And don't worry I wouldn't have read the manual either. Lol

Top Bottom