FBL Gyro retiring the 3gx

Sparse

The issue I had in the past with my 3gx is still there. My heli will not hover in one spot, when you try to hover the heli wants to pitch up and go into forward flight. I tried adjusting the ele gain both ways and am getting the same results. I don't know if it is a firmware issue, but to say the least I am going to retire the 3gx and just use Ikon. This is the main reason I took the 3gx off the 450 in the first place. And sitting here thinking about it this gyro has had so many issues since release Its unreal. This was my first gyro and to new pilots can be very disheartening and make them not want to move forward in the hobby. What happened to people making quality stuff. Align and there money grab with the 3gx , what a disappointment. and I am running v5.0. Never had this problem with the Ikon, set it up and fly. that's how it should be with all of them. Sorry about the rant just frustrated. and i get a heli may want to move but this is like somebody is giving stick inputs. as far as the forward flight issue goes. So now I am gonna have to buy another Ikon. on top of still needing batts and a charger to finish my 600 build. such a bummer.

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Sparse save yourself a few pennies and get the Spartan Vx1e, I recon its probably the best value on the market at the moment without going to the clone gyros,

- - - Updated - - -

and it will fit inside the frames to

Tony

Staff member
I'm in no way trying to talk you into keeping the 3GX, I'm trying to move away from them as well. But have you tried adjusting the swash links one turn (only the elevator link) to try and take that drift out? What about trim? the 3GX hates the trim tab messed with.

I will do all I can to help you with the 3GX and save you a bit of cash to boot. but do understand your frustration.

Top Bottom