450 Replacing cyclic servo how to?

pit_helis

Hi ALL. I feel that my cyclic servos were not as smooth when it was new due to crashes, so I ordered cyclic servos to replace and upgrade my Trex 450 Pro 3gx, and I want to make sure I am and will do the right thing, my question is/are:

1) Do I need to reset my Tx and or select a new model, plug battery, plug the cyclic servos(unplug the rudder servo), bind, then do the DIR set up?
2) Or just turn On the tx, plug the cyclic servos(unplug the rudder servo), plug the battery, and then install the arm(s), and do the DIR set up?
3) Do I need to do the rudder servo set up again?

Thank you in advance....:smile::smile::smile:
pit

Lillyryan

Hi, i think you can just take any sub trim, trim and swash mix you have in the tx on cyclic. Then do dir setup to get servos 90 degrees and setup swash mix. Rudder should be fine if you still have the same servo installed. I am relatively new to the 3gx but i am sure somebody else will post a reply too.

Lee

I would reset any menu to do with Swash set up to default.
All trims for cyclic to 0.
Then install servos and set arms to 90º redo all swash set up.
Tail is not a factor, so you can leave that.

pit_helis

Hi, i think you can just take any sub trim, trim and swash mix you have in the tx on cyclic. Then do dir setup to get servos 90 degrees and setup swash mix. Rudder should be fine if you still have the same servo installed. I am relatively new to the 3gx but i am sure somebody else will post a reply too.

thanks Lillyryan

- - - Updated - - -

I would reset any menu to do with Swash set up to default.
All trims for cyclic to 0.
Then install servos and set arms to 90º redo all swash set up.
Tail is not a factor, so you can leave that.

So will just reset? thanks Lee

pit

Top Bottom