General Repairing canopies

Lee

My Warp canopy took a beating on the journey to Mexico. To reinforce the damaged area, I put a piece of paper towel inside and soaked it in ca glue. Now the area that was soft, is strong again.
The colour is from the plastic bag i used to smooth it out so i didn't stick my fingers to it :)

photo-2.JPG

photo-2.JPG

Last edited:

treff

Good Idea Lee. You could also use FG tissue or more expensive but very much stronger Carbon tissue. The FG tissue is very good. I believe you can buy it in different grades. You could also use epoxy resin which I use for skinning wings. I use an old credit card, or the wife's LOL to smooth on the resin. By the way, how is Mexico, is the weather very hot this time of year? Cheers

Lee

This is the cheap method Treff, for those of us in places where FG and Carbon are hard to find, but super glue and Bog roll are in abundance :D LOL
Mexico is great. Was working hard for the first week, but the last three days has been raining hard due to a passing hurricane. Funny thing is, we were in the part that didn't have any wind, just rain LOL.

treff

Cheers Lee. Yes it is the season over there for hurricans. Funny thing is the weather here today is 22C and very nice. Hottest day of the year so far but it wont last. All the best

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
My Warp canopy took a beating on the journey to Mexico. To reinforce the damaged area, I put a piece of paper towel inside and soaked it in ca glue. Now the area that was soft, is strong again.
The colour is from the plastic bag i used to smooth it out so i didn't stick my fingers to it :)

View attachment 6684

good tip Lee might use it on some of my 500's canopy's.

Top Bottom