Remember This Helicopter?

Tony

Staff member
I even brought this guy in from the studio. He has been hanging on the side of my tool box for over a year. Notice the missing vert stab?

image1.JPG

image1.JPG

Tony

Staff member
No, that was a Pro. This is the HK450GT that might as well be an Align 450 Se V2 lol I just put a pro canopy on it because I HATED how far forward the canopy was on the HK450GT's.

Tony

Staff member
This is the helicopter that I did my first forward flight with and the helicopter that is used in the how to fly series.

trainrider06

"Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind
Memories, sweetened through the ages just like wine
Quiet thoughts come floating down
And settle softly to the ground
Like golden autumn leaves around my feet
I touched them and they burst apart with sweet memories,
Sweet memories"
Elvis Presley

Hehe sorry couldn't resist.....:wink:

trainrider06

Are you gonna fly them heli's or whistle Dixie?
Sorry couldn't resist again...changed the quote a bit
"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"

Josey Whales

Ok ok I'm a little bored right now....:)

trainrider06

Have you tried swapping paddles?? Maybe notch the fly bar where the set screw sits to keep the whole flybar rod from rotating?? Something on it is being allowed to rotate....

Tony

Staff member
Thanks to the member lillyryan, I have a new Align head, scorpion motor, and an unnamed ESC, it's completely different. However, I have the same paddles on it. I think I was putting too much angle on the cyclic causing them to rotate. I would like to put the carbon paddles on them, but don't have the money. They have a set screw to keep them from moving. These are just way too thin to put a set screw in.

Thinking about setting it up and flying it today. Maybe. Okay, I doubt it.

trainrider06

You are a heli fuddy duddy!! LOL listen to me, perfect weather this morning and I am running errands...sad sad stuff!!!

murankar

Staff member
perfect weather here today and I got out of class early. Then I flew, thats how it works see. Weather is nice, your outside, then you QC your flight packs to make sure they are still holding a charge. After about 5 minutes you back and do some testing on those same packs. Recharge and check IRs and since they cant be left charged you got discharge them, I.E. fly them. Its a simple process really.

Tony

Staff member
Sounds complicated. If you never charge them, you never have to check and discharge them hahahaahaha.

Tony

Staff member
It's a good thing that I didn't fly this helicopter. I was doing some setup on it tonight while lying here and as I was testing the motor, the power cut off. Then, power came back on. I ended up finding a cold solder joint on the ESC. So if I would have flown this helicopter, it WOULD have crashed. Question is, WHERE would it have crashed... I'm not sure I like this ESC anyway. Need to find a good Align ESC to put on it. Just need to find out what bank to rob to get the money lmao.

Top Bottom