General red brick 80a speed controller

has anybody set up a:nightmare: im having problems setting it up. it hooks up great but when i open the throttle it starts up then cuts off think it may be on the wrong battery cell count. as i am using a 3 cell battery to just try it but got no idea how to change it.RB80A-BTO.jpg

RB80A-BTO.jpg

mistyran47

I can not be sure but you might have a current problem, if the motor starts then shuts down it appears the safety circuit might be your culprit. You might check your wiring for proper conductance of current and voltage. Usually a 80 amp esc uses # 10 wire. You should have received instructions with you esc. In option mode did you power your radio up first, then move your radio throttle stick to full. Then connect your battery to esc, you will hear some rhythm sounds. Then move stick to low position. Your sounds are as follows: one short beep: option 1, NiMH battery, option two, two short hi tone beeps, Li-po battery, option three, three short tone beeps, brake setting. Sorry but this is as far as I can go on this issue. You might be able to contact Hobby King for more information.
LoL

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Yes you have to set your throttle end points first! Like stated above. Tx on throttle to full. Plug in esc. Make sure you don't have your prop on! You will here beep, beep, beep. Throttle to low. You will here beep. Done. I use a programming card to do the rest of the programing. It's a lot easer! LHS should have them.

Lee

The cell count is automatic with this ESC. Its a plug and play model with soft start as default for Helis. Do the throttle endpoints as suggested above, and if you still have issues, check all your solder joints for cold joints, re flow them if you are unsure.

all fine now found how to do it on Google works a dream now.just download manual its a 6 step guide not a 4 one. happy days. just it was not a plug and play as i thought it was. it was setup for 6 cell battery not a 3 cell that's way it was cutting out. working like a charm at last:loyal:

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the help much appreciated:tennis:

Tony

Staff member
Baz, as we stated in your other thread, you will not have any luck running a 3s battery on a 500 size heli. Your head speed will be WAY too low and it will be so unstable that you can't control it.

thanks tony it was just to try the motor and speed controller. i new this i will change the battery type when i get the right battery. haven't even build the hk500 i need a few more things first. i need to change the main gear and the plastic bits on the head. see what else i need first. haven't decided what battery to use 6 cell or 5 cell. hoping to get away with a 5 cell as they or cheaper. thanks again tony much appreciated.

Top Bottom