VTX Recommend For Vtx Antenna For My Quad?

SIXFOOTER

Hey Guys, been a while, kind of a long but mostly good story.
Dug out my quad after the move and am putting it back together I am missing a VTX antenna so I need a new one, anything in particular I should look for? I see some new names out there since I started all this.

Hope to get this thing in the air soon
Still looking for my bits and pieces so I can charge batteries but I think I know where they are

Thanks
Danny

Tony

Staff member
Hey Danny, welcome back!

I fly with cheap Aomway antennas but I'm seeing some Realacc antennas that are cheaper and with fantastic reviews. I'm like you, have not done much research on these things in a while.

What kind of quad is this going on?

SIXFOOTER

Hey Danny, welcome back!

I fly with cheap Aomway antennas but I'm seeing some Realacc antennas that are cheaper and with fantastic reviews. I'm like you, have not done much research on these things in a while.

What kind of quad is this going on?
Hey Tony, good to see you. Its going on my QAV550 I built a couple years ago. Had some life changes, packed all my stuff up for almost 3 years and just now digging it out. I found my antenna, now I need a battery charge cable. Found a hobby shop on 75 in Plano that closed 5 minutes ago. May take a run over tomorrow and see what they have, called and the guy says he has the cable
Danny

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey sixfooter. The biggest quad I have is just a 210 and I don't fly in open area. Mostly around trees, house, metal garage and power lines and still I get excellent viewing. I'm able to go at least 2 football fields with all that stuff around me so in open area I bet they work well. Like Tony, I have this Aomway 5.8GHz 4-Leaf Clover Antenna Set for TX/RX (SMA) (RHCP), TBS Triumph 5.8GHz CP FPV Antenna Set (RP-SMA) and these are suppose to be the bomb Lol VAS ION V2 5.8GHz SMA Antenna (RHCP). That's just what I use for my quads.

Tony

Staff member
Right on. I just wanted to make sure you are not trying to put a full size antenna on something like a little 95mm quad or something lol. With that quad you have, you can put any antenna on it that you want.

Top Bottom