1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

VTX Recommend For Vtx Antenna For My Quad?

Discussion in 'FPV (First Person View)' started by SIXFOOTER, Mar 26, 2019.

< Lens Cleaning | Mobula 7 Won’t Connect To Goggles >
  1. SIXFOOTER

SIXFOOTER Member

Blog Posts:
    Telecom Engineer
    Hey Guys, been a while, kind of a long but mostly good story.
    Dug out my quad after the move and am putting it back together I am missing a VTX antenna so I need a new one, anything in particular I should look for? I see some new names out there since I started all this.

Hope to get this thing in the air soon
    Still looking for my bits and pieces so I can charge batteries but I think I know where they are

Thanks
    Danny

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Hey Danny, welcome back!

I fly with cheap Aomway antennas but I'm seeing some Realacc antennas that are cheaper and with fantastic reviews. I'm like you, have not done much research on these things in a while.

What kind of quad is this going on?

3. SIXFOOTER

SIXFOOTER Member

Blog Posts:
    Telecom Engineer
    Hey Tony, good to see you. Its going on my QAV550 I built a couple years ago. Had some life changes, packed all my stuff up for almost 3 years and just now digging it out. I found my antenna, now I need a battery charge cable. Found a hobby shop on 75 in Plano that closed 5 minutes ago. May take a run over tomorrow and see what they have, called and the guy says he has the cable
    Danny

4. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Disable
    Hey sixfooter. The biggest quad I have is just a 210 and I don't fly in open area. Mostly around trees, house, metal garage and power lines and still I get excellent viewing. I'm able to go at least 2 football fields with all that stuff around me so in open area I bet they work well. Like Tony, I have this Aomway 5.8GHz 4-Leaf Clover Antenna Set for TX/RX (SMA) (RHCP), TBS Triumph 5.8GHz CP FPV Antenna Set (RP-SMA) and these are suppose to be the bomb Lol VAS ION V2 5.8GHz SMA Antenna (RHCP). That's just what I use for my quads.

5. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Right on. I just wanted to make sure you are not trying to put a full size antenna on something like a little 95mm quad or something lol. With that quad you have, you can put any antenna on it that you want.

< Lens Cleaning | Mobula 7 Won’t Connect To Goggles >