Recent Forum Issues

Tony

Staff member
I just wanted to post up and see if I can get any info on the forum issues that I have heard about. the website was up when I got off of it this morning, and it was up when I come back online tonight. If there are any error coded, I will need you to let me know what the codes are, or what the page says when you can't load the forum.

I did a full search through the server, and apache has not went down in over a month (the time we have had this server) and MySQL has not went down. However, I am seeing the memory usage is a little high but it's not where it would cause an outage.

Again, if you see anything wrong, let me know. I have not been able to verify if/when it went down and have no way of tracking it down without some kind of error message.

thanks everyone. I guess we may be growing big enough that I"m going to have to install more memory in the server. I love this site!!!

Derek

I've been on the website a few times today and haven't had any issues.

I love this site, too! Definitely my "RC Home"

Tony

Staff member
Okay, good news. I'm hoping it was just local ISP issues or something of the like. But as stated, I'm running at about 60% on my memory in the server, so the site may slow down from time to time if the server load becomes too high. Again, I'm working on this. Making changes to the server to try and lower this number.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, after some testing we have a conclusion. The database that this forum runs off of (MySQL) is what's maxing out the memory. I'm going to be working here the next few days trying to optimize the database to run a little more efficiently, but it may come down to having to upgrade to a different server. If this happens, my server fee every month is going to double. It's almost to the point where I can just get a dedicated server instead of the VPS that I'm on now.

So just know that I'm working on the slow site issues and will get them resolved one way or another. If upgrading servers is what it takes, then that is what I will do. But dont' worry, we will not have to shut down the forum to upgrade the server. It will be with the same company and will be a seamless transition.

If you have any questions or comments, post up below. If you are a master at database optimization, then hit me up. I must stress though, I need someone that has a DEGREE in database management to bounce ideas off of.

Let's keep doing what we are doing. If I'm having to upgrade servers then that means the site is growing! Lets keep it up!

Top Bottom