RECEIVERS

RandyDSok

No... you've always got to have a reciever that is compatible with your transmitter.

72Mhz radios have multiple channels, so first you need one that is the right channel. They also have PPM or PCM transmission types and these need to be of the same type as well. So with a 72Mhz system it's what channel and what transmission type needs to be known if they are compatible or not.

2.4Ghz radios are more brand specific. Spetrum's oldest radios are DSM, then came DSM2 and now they have DSMX. The DSMX radios are backwards compatible with DSM2. JR 2.4 radios also started with DSM2 and now also support DSMX on the newer versions.

Futaba has two 2.4Ghz systems... their low end is the FHSS and their upper end is FASST. They have also intruduced a new 18ch model that has what they are calling FASSTest... With the exception of the 18ch ( which supports all of them ), they are just compatible with one type and have no backwards compatibility between them.

Hitec, Airtronics and many others all have their own versions of 2.4Ghz systems... again none of these are interchangeble with the other brands.

As a side note... there are generic versions of the DSM2 and FASST recievers available. Also, surface and air RC radio/recievers are not compatible with each other, this is a carry over from the older 72Mhz ( and earlier ) radios so they avoid interferance issues.

Tony

Staff member
:werd:

I agree with everything he just said. And he saved me from having to type it all out lol. Actually, I think he went more indepth than I would have lmao. Great post Randy.

I guess what I'm saying is other then having to match up transmitter and receivers. I know that you have to match them up.what I'm saying is... Can you put any receiver in a aircraft 4000 class an higher in general

No... you've always got to have a reciever that is compatible with your transmitter.

72Mhz radios have multiple channels, so first you need one that is the right channel. They also have PPM or PCM transmission types and these need to be of the same type as well. So with a 72Mhz system it's what channel and what transmission type needs to be known if they are compatible or not.

2.4Ghz radios are more brand specific. Spetrum's oldest radios are DSM, then came DSM2 and now they have DSMX. The DSMX radios are backwards compatible with DSM2. JR 2.4 radios also started with DSM2 and now also support DSMX on the newer versions.

Futaba has two 2.4Ghz systems... their low end is the FHSS and their upper end is FASST. They have also intruduced a new 18ch model that has what they are calling FASSTest... With the exception of the 18ch ( which supports all of them ), they are just compatible with one type and have no backwards compatibility between them.

Hitec, Airtronics and many others all have their own versions of 2.4Ghz systems... again none of these are interchangeble with the other brands.

As a side note... there are generic versions of the DSM2 and FASST recievers available. Also, surface and air RC radio/recievers are not compatible with each other, this is a carry over from the older 72Mhz ( and earlier ) radios so they avoid interferance issues.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
As long as the reciever isn't one of the ultra micro ones, it will work.

Top Bottom