1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Other Receiver Inputs Rc Kyoshu Optima

Discussion in 'Transmitters & Receivers' started by Kevin Mcgrath, Nov 29, 2017.

< Spektrum Ix12 | Orange Rx >
  1. Kevin Mcgrath

Kevin Mcgrath New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello
    This is my first build which i am doing for my son as a birthday present, i am a total novice and i have run into problems, could any one please help or point me in the right direction please.
    I have recently purchased the Kyoshu Optima RC Car and thought i was getting on OK until the point where i had to install the receiver -and stuff that plugs in to it.
    Reciever.jpg Reciever box.jpg
    Question 1
    Reading the manual of this i think (and only think) that the bottom(channel 1 is the steering servo)-below

Steering.jpg Steering 2.jpg
    Am i correct in thinking this? and if so which way do i plug it in (which colour cable goes notch side on the reciever?)

Question 2
    My next question is the 2nd slot up ch2,
    Again through looking at the manual this should accommodate the speed controller which i believe to be this

20171129_184824.jpg 20171129_184849.jpg
    If i am correct, which way round do i plug it in(notch side) and do i need to worry about the settings with the jumpers?

Question 3

My final question for now would be regarding the blue and yellow lead running from the speed controller, where do these go on this motor?
    Motor.jpg Motor 1.jpg Motor 2.jpg

Thanks for looking and hoping someone can help.

2. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Below is the manual for that Tx/Rx. It will show diagrams on how to wire things up. But you are correct, Channel 1 is steering and channel 2 is for the ESC, and you were correct on the ESC. The light colored wire (yellow or white) will go to the label side (left if your looking at the top of the Rx reading the text) and the dark colored wire will go to the right or on the outside of the Rx.

Since this is a brushed motor, just plug it in and if the car runs backwards, just reverse the wires.

As for the jumpers, Leave them as is. It is set to NiMh which is the battery type pictured in your pictures and you definitely want forward, brake and reverse for just bashing around.

Hope this helps.

Need to find another manual, that one is 105Mb which is WAY too large for what it contains. I will upload a file when I find one.

3. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Here you to, much smaller than the last one lmao.

Attached Files:

4. Tony

Blog Posts:
  5. Kevin Mcgrath

Kevin Mcgrath New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for your time and help, so now i know that the ESC goes to channel 2 with the white wire going inwards to the label side.

Which direction do a face the steering servo in channel 1?, the cable has Brown,Red and Orange.

The motor has four terminals, 2 with a resistor in between and two without, do i plug resistor side or opposite? or maybe one on each?
    I seriously have no idea.

And thank you very much for taking the time to find a Manual, i am sure my internet will cope with the size.

6. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Actually, those are just bullet connectors, not resistors. They are there so that you can remove the motor without wearing out the crimp terminals that go on the motor. But the bullet wires go to the motor. Again, if the motor spins the wrong way (car goes into reverse when trying to go forward), then just swap those two wires around on the motor.

And the orange wire will go to the inside towards the label. The way those wires are labled is red=power, brown or black = ground and orange or white = signal.

And no worries about not knowing. My favorite saying is "No one know what they don't know until they know it". We all started somewhere.

7. Kevin Mcgrath

Kevin Mcgrath New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks
    Sorry to continue to be thick, do i put the wires resistor looking side or the other

8. Tony

Blog Posts:
  9. Kevin Mcgrath

Kevin Mcgrath New Member

Blog Posts:
  10. Kevin Mcgrath

Kevin Mcgrath New Member

Blog Posts:
  11. Kevin Mcgrath

Kevin Mcgrath New Member

Blog Posts:
    hope that clarifies my question

12. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Absolutely it does, sorry about that. The side doesn't matter, you can put the plugs on either side. Just what ever is most convenient when the motor is mounted.

13. Kevin Mcgrath

Kevin Mcgrath New Member

Blog Posts:
    Brilliant, thanks for that, so sorry to not make a lot of sense, i am gonna continue the build on Saturday which i would not be able to do without your guidance, thank you so much.

14. Tony

Blog Posts:
    It's my pleasure Kevin.

< Spektrum Ix12 | Orange Rx >