1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Realflight 8 Now Available

Discussion in 'Paid Simulators' started by Tony, Oct 4, 2017.

< Clearview | I Was Window Shopping For A Flight Simulator Most Of The Day... >
  1. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Just received an email that RealFlight 8 is now available for purchase. A bill for just the disk, a bill 70 for the disk and controller. Seems like it keeps getting more expensive every time they come out with a new version.. And there is NO upgrade that I have found. Thanks, but I will stick with Phoenix and their free updates.

RealFlight RF8 is here!

2. Admiral

Admiral I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Information Technology (Retired)
    I gave up on Real Flight at version 5, could not see why I should have to pay & pay & pay, Clearview is good but doesn't get upgraded, Heli-X are also paid upgrades, so Phoenix has become the SIM of choice.

3. ChopDrifter

ChopDrifter Member

Blog Posts:
    Yeah RF has a tendency of milkin it's customers.

I can't wait for Phoenix 6 to come out.

Next CGM Simulator is also good free updates aswell as Steam Accurc with free updates.

Luckily there's still some choices available

4. ChopDrifter

ChopDrifter Member

Blog Posts:
    I just had a bit of a read for more info on this RF 8. Apparently it has USB joystick support. I can't wait for it to be available for download to test try. Looks like the competition has just got better, can't wait for Phoenix 6

5. murankar

murankar Moderator Staff Member Armed Forces

Blog Posts:
    Soldier
    I went with neXt rc for that very reason. I think it's bs to have to pay for every major release. Maybe they should do something like an every other release pay out. Next is cross platform and works with every controller. No need for special this or that. My vcontrol works and that's all that matters.

6. Darrinsp

Darrinsp New Member

Blog Posts:
    Just ordered R/F 8 and USB DS>>> receiver to use my DX6 v-3 to fly with and Play with Heli feel again, Ive been grounded for 3 years so a hundred bucks is less than a good yard sale taco auger in with my heli.. I will report back after sim test flight....

7. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Nice, let us know how you like it.

8. Darrinsp

Darrinsp New Member

Blog Posts:
  9. Tony

Blog Posts:
    The phoenix-sim is down. It's a goner.

10. Darrinsp

Darrinsp New Member

Blog Posts:
    Well now you know how long I have been grounded!
    BTW I have the trex 500 FB I cant source main shaft for but I found a box with other “fail” victims so I will measure them up and get back to you on that.

Real flight 8 arrives tomorrow so I will play with it Wednesday and share my thoughts.

11. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Phoenix is still playable if you have the disk. And if you need update files, I have those as well. I need to get them on the server so that others can download them. They were on their public FTP server so if they were public then, they are public now... That's the way I see it lmao. Glad I downloaded them when I did.

And yea, let me know. I only have one 500 main shaft. I think I have a feathering shaft as well. I highly doubt I will ever get another 500 (425mm) helicopter. If I get a 500, it will be a true 500.

< Clearview | I Was Window Shopping For A Flight Simulator Most Of The Day... >