re-tracks

Tony

Staff member
hehe, if I had any planes that actually took retracts. All of my planes are 3D planes and have fixed landing gears on them. Such as the Edge 540, Extra 260, and a Rogue 3D Bipe. But if I get one, like the P-51, you know I will. Want to buy me the plane and ship it to me? I will buy the retracts :biggrin1:

Parkflyer

Tony can you do a small vid on how to install re-tracks from a standard landing gear?

Hi Nitro,

Re-tracts are really not that hard to fit if you already have an aircraft that will accept them?.... I have a semi-scale Kyosho Spitfire that I bought around 15 years ago, it came with the option of re-tracts even then, I bought the re-tracts themselves (already built) and the dedicated servo, installation into the wing took around 20 mins, the only tricky part was setting up the throw of each leg. Also I now have a Parkzone MK1X Spitfire that has the option of re-tracts, these too look simple to fit (although at $70 not yet bought). However, retro fitting to an aircraft that doesnt have the option for re-tracts, well that another story I think.... is the wing strong enough for starters, is the wing "deep" enough to house the gear and wheels when up?...Lets see if I can post a quick video of my Spitfire?....
Sorry for the rubbish focus, cheap HD camera!..:banghead:

[video=youtube_share;GFlhkgmg0RQ]http://youtu.be/GFlhkgmg0RQ[/video]

Top Bottom