General RCH V3.1 Build Questions

Anil Patel

Hey Tony, Appreciate your hard work in putting and managing this site for us newbies...
I have couple of questions regarding the RCH Trainer V3 (latest) build.
First, I see you have now modified the servo mounting for the tails inside the fuse. Since I am a newbie to this, can you please describe how the servo mounts fit exactly and how the servos, controls get attached.
Secondly, reading your blog - I see you recently have built the v3 version and had to incorporate the flaps as well. Can you also please describe the Y connection you mentioned.

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

-Thanks

Tony

Staff member
explaining the servo placements is going to be really hard in text. I will just need to do that in a video or something. I do have plans on getting this video up. I will do it before I do the Edge plane. But, if you look at the pieces for the servo mount, there are cut out's that are made for hte servos to be placed in them. If you want though, you can just mount them on the outside of the fuse, and just run .043" servo rod. Just make sure to support it if it's over 6" long. The linkages I used inside is the same rod, but it's in a sleeve so it can move without binding. Again, I will cover this in the video.

As for flaps, I put the ailerons on different ports on the Rx, and I run a Y for the flaps. Make sure one of your flap servos are in teh same orientation so that they work together. Again, I will do more explaining in teh video.

Marsone

I printed out the plans to the rch trainer the scale printed fine but when I put the pages together the fuse comes out 1-1/2 to long for the foam board how do I adjust for this?

Tony

Staff member
If the scale was right, it should have printed to fit on a sheet. Did everything line up when you taped the pages together?

Marsone

Yes they fit perfectly what I am noticing is that the cut line margin seems smaller on the pages I printed. I will reprint them and see if I can get it to print correctly. Thanks Tony for your help.

sarconastic

Maybe this will help. This is how I laid mine out. I just used wooden supports instead of the Foam board
.20131212_105739.jpg

Good Luck

Woody

20131212_105739.jpg

sarconastic

Wish the old girl still looked that nice. She's sitting on the shelf awaiting her third nosecone rebuild. LOL Stupid servos, er wind, umm birds yeah that's it.

Woody

Anil Patel

Awesome, I will do the same. Can you please send pics of the rods coming out at the elevator and also the landing gear.

Much appreciated..

Tony

Staff member
I'm not exactly sure what you are wanting to see. The rods are all the same length on all 3 positions on the swash. This is for the Pro and up versions. And the landing gear can be see in all the videos. I may be missing something. It was a very long day at work today...

Lanman

I'm not exactly sure what you are wanting to see. The rods are all the same length on all 3 positions on the swash. This is for the Pro and up versions. And the landing gear can be see in all the videos. I may be missing something. It was a very long day at work today...

Too many long work days Tony. :) I don't think the RC Trainer has a swash.

Just as an FYI to everyone, I printed the RC Trainer PDF and the scaling came out as it should. The only thing that's odd is the motor mount template. Everything looks good but the motor mount template printed extra large for some reason. Here is a pic with the servo mount for size comparison.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408638093.951798.jpg

Certainly not a big deal but I just wanted to point it out. Maybe it's just me but everything else I printed seems correct. Thank you for all the hard work Tony.

Dave

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408638093.951798.jpg

Lanman

It also looks like the battery tray insert is too long. Maybe it's from a previous version that had a longer nose section? Again this could be something I'm doing wrong but since everything else seems to measure up fine I'm not sure. I haven't gotten around to cutting the wings but they look appropriately sized for the fuse too me.

Dave

Tony

Staff member
The motor mound and battery tray are supposed to be over sized so that you can trim them to fit exactly. No everyone will cut the plans out exactly as the plans state, so I made them a little big.

And I do apologize for that. I read 3.1 and thought of the 3GX. You are right, too many late nights lmao.

Top Bottom