Servos RCH Tail Servo, You Pick!

What Servo Would You Choose?

• Futaba S9256 (Gaba's Vote Doesn't Count lmao)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Align DS620

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Align DS650

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Align DS655

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony

Staff member
As you know, I have been wanting to keep the RCH Heli all Align since it's an Align heli. Yes, Savox is a great servo, but we can not afford that. So I have narrowed it down to two.

On the cyclic, we are going to be running the DS610's, throttle will be the DS620. The question is on the tail. At this time, we can get the best price on a Futaba S9256 but there is a catch. It's running on a low frequency. At this time of making this post, I don't know how to change the frequency on the 3GX but I'm sure it can be done. If it can't, then we are out the money on that servo.

The safe bet would be to go with the DS620, DS650 or DS655. My choice is the 655 since it's the fastest of them all at .05 60º. The 650 is also the same speed but is a little less strong. The 520 is the slowest of them all at .07 60º.

Okay, so that was more than two lol.

So the question is, what servo would you go with? I don't care about torgue so the 650 and 655 will come down to the best price since they are virtually the same. IMO the 620 is next but it will cost a little more than the S9256. But then again the Align servos are certain to work with the 3GX gyro and the band it runs on.

So it's your turn, what would you run? And if all of you would, search out the best prices for the servo you choose and let me know. Lets lock this tail in it's place!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I run 9256 on my nitro as you know and love it

The tail frequenxy can be changed in the tail setup menu (like gp780 used to have) 1520 was default if you remember and the "other setting" lol was for the other kind of servos. It's an easy two minute step

I am biased towards that servo cause I haven't used anything but that in both my nitros for tail. Never had a single glitch

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

murankar

Staff member
I think keeping it Align would be the way to go. Unless you can find a better deal on the equivalent Savox since they are the almost the same servo.

Tony

Staff member
I figured you could change the band, I just never had to do it since the 450 was already setup for the tail servo. Looks like so far the 55 is winning, but I will settle for the 50 if it comes down for it.

Gaba, I'm not hating on the Futaba. It's a tried and true servo that has been used by thousands. But as URI stated above, I would like to keep it all Align. However, I know the price I can get the Futaba for and it's a bitchin price.

Keep voting, I want everyones opinion.

Tony

Staff member
Only 7 votes yet thee have been 14 members to read this. Only 4 of those members have not donated so there is 3 members that were on here and didn't vote. We must have votes lol.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I voted already! Lol if you can hold on for a week or so, I'll donate the cash for a 655 align servo! If you feel that it's the bet servo then I'll get it for you. Got to wait till next week though till I see where I stand with another expense coming my way! Lol.

Tony

Staff member
Bro, if you donate the money for the servo that would be awesome! I'm not totally sold on the 655, I would settle for the 650 in all honesty. Same speed, just a little stronger. This is your choice on what you want to do but I would greatly appreciate it! It would be the servo that belongs to Sam :biggrin1: :chuckles:

Tony

Staff member
By the way, I have the heli sitting here next to me at the base. Looks good but there is a LOT wrong with it. My OCD is kicking in and it's in OVERDRIVE!!!!! The guy that owned it before was definitely not a perfectionist lol.

Tony

Staff member
Returned. I think we have our servo. I will let you all know something more here soon.

Tony

Staff member
What he said. We now have the Align DS655 on it's way. I'm looking for the ball links and the balls for the servos as well now. Man, this thing is going to nickel and dime us to death lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Just so everyone knows, I have confirmed the order and it should be here next week. This will give me some time to get the heli torn all the way down and checked out. i will have more in another thread.

Top Bottom