RCH 250 Quad Maiden Flight

Stambo

Was the wobble still there in rate mode?
Maybe there is a level gain on the cc3d you can back off a bit.

Or you could flash cleanflight on that cc3d, really good firmware that is being very actively developed.
Works really well on cc3d from what I hear.
I have it on my Naze32 and wouldn't go back.

EyeStation

Or you could flash cleanflight on that cc3d, really good firmware that is being very actively developed.
Works really well on cc3d from what I hear.
I have it on my Naze32 and wouldn't go back.

Now there's a thread I would subscribe to. Anybody game to starting one for depositing Firmware and Rev opinions?

Tony

Staff member
If I can't get this thing to settle down, I may just flash it. This thing would be HORRIBLE on FPV! I just watched a 5 minute video (battery testing with 1300's) and it almost makes you sick watching it. There is just so much to learn on the cc3d program. Taking a bit to do.

Tony

Staff member
Now there's a thread I would subscribe to. Anybody game to starting one for depositing Firmware and Rev opinions?

Your sub'd to this thread lmao. I may just go ahead and flash it just to play with it. But I'm going to pull a "3gx" on this thing and I'm not giving up until it's solid'ish lmao. What exactly do you want to see?

Stambo

Flashing to cleanflight is not difficult at all, you do need to be running chrome though.
As long as you can already hook your board to the PC it's just a matter of running the cleanflight configurator, telling it what board you want to flash and what firmware you want.
Cleanflight has a link when you open it telling you what drivers you need and where to get them if you haven't already.
And there is so much information out there on setting it up.
I have a text file on my desktop at home that has all the basic stuff I set up when I first flash one which I can copy and paste here if anyone wants.

EyeStation

Your sub'd to this thread lmao. I may just go ahead and flash it just to play with it. But I'm going to pull a "3gx" on this thing and I'm not giving up until it's solid'ish lmao. What exactly do you want to see?

I've gone through my share of flashing these boards, the CC3D and the KK2. I have turned my BumbleBee 450 around to a pretty fun sport flier using the KK2 software.
My first impression of the CC3d board and the Open Pilot software on default settings were also impressive. I never got a heli to be as stable, that's for sure.
I have now started to find those "Acro" adjustments in OpenPilot and have 3 incrementing flight modes programmed in. The sliders in the program are subdivided into thirds. The more the sliders go to the right to Red the more responsive the quad. My flight mode 3 doesn't even get half way up those sliders.
And what a responsive little sucker it is.
I don't want to flash something new yet, aside from a revision update.
But I am willing to try it on another quad. (Ooops, did I say another quad? Damn these 250 available memory slots in this Dx6).

Well time for a spoiler alert I guess,
Spoiler.jpg
A TBS Frame I am taking my time with.

Spoiler.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
That is a nice quad. And if there is a way to save and send your cc3d file, as long as it's on a 250, I would be willing to try it to see if it's any better than this one. As for flashing, sounds easy enough lol. But, I may get a different board to do that on. I'm wanting to try different boards anyway, this is just a really good excuse lol.

Stambo

I have a clone version of that TBS frame, when I bought it I didn't know it was a clone of something else, I just liked the look of it.
I have always had trouble getting rid of jello in video shot from it but I am playing with a vibration damped plate at the moment that I hope will do the job.
I believe the DJI arms specified for the TBS frame are a bit less prone to this problem, it will be interesting to hear your thoughts on it.

Tony

Staff member
I have heard this is a clone of a QAV250, I have heard it's a clone of a Blackout 250, I don't know what the hell it is. But, I will try to get some more packs through it. I'm thinking I will take my computer outside, take my 3 batteries otu with me (I got those to test, 1300mah 25c. They are actually working better than I thought they would) and just tune. And,I can charge these packs at 6.5a each, so 19.5a in parallel!! Love 20 minute or less charging times! And I'm loving flying this thing. Lost orientation (LOS) today and almost lost it. Really need to get this wobble figured out and get the FPV gear on this bird!

Top Bottom