Rc ice sled

llommel

I just built an RC ice sled to run on the frozen lakes & snow. Still working out some kinks. One of which is the throttle control.
I am using an Exceed RC Rocket motor, # 86ma12 2220, 1050Kv with a 10x4.7 prop. I'm using the Dynam TX & RX that came with the E razor 450. (switched the 450 over to the DX6i). Using Skyli-po 2200mAh, 11.1v 40C battery.

The problem is when I run the throttle full stick, then slow down, it will not speed up again unless I run the throttle all the way to "0" B4 I open the throttle all the way again. Just wondering if anyone knows what might be the problem.

RCD

Glencairn Drone
can you post a pic. Im really interested in seeing what it loooks like!

llommel

Will do tomorrow after I do another test run. Had to put rod on the bottom of the front ski so it would steer better on the ice.
My brother got tired of chasing around the lake to get it because I couldn't steer it back to us.

llommel

sled 1.jpgPics of ice sled. Hope these pics get uploaded. Having trouble figuring out how to upload them.

sled 1.jpg

llommel

Here are the rest of the pics. Finally figured out how to upload them. I made the skiis from aluminum siding flashing. I had to put steel wear rods on the bottom of them to get them to hold on the ice. Everything is easily mounted with screws so I can change them easily till I get it working correctly. I run it on the ice this pm but the ice is to rough. Will wait till we get some white stuff on the ground to see how that works. Haven't got any feedback as to my original ? why the throttle has to be returned to "0" b4 I can run at full throttle again. ???? Was a good day for flying, light winds, then I crashed the T28-D. It's safer operating on the ice. sled 5.jpgsled 2.jpgsled 3.jpgsled 4.jpgsled 5.jpg

sled 5.jpg

sled 2.jpg

sled 3.jpg

sled 4.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Have you thought about putting suspension on it? I think that will help out a lot on the rough ice.

As for the issue, I have never seen that issue before. Maybe try resetting the esc? Turn on the tx and raise the throttle all the way up. Then plug in the battery on the ski. There should be two beeps (depending on the manufacturer). When you hear the two beeps, lower the throttle all the way down. It should initialize like normal. Hope this fixes your issue.

Top Bottom