Rc-Help's New Studio Project

Tony

Staff member
As I'm sure you all know, I have been working on a new studio to try and get a little more room and organization in my life. The studio that I was using was just my two car garage which I desperately need right now to work on a LOT of stuff that I have been putting off for months on end. So the studio has to come out of there. The other side of that garage houses my tractor and all of it's implements.

So the plan at first was to just put the new studio in "The Hole" where I had the computers setup before when we were waiting on our house 3 years ago. The issue there is, there is a 500-600lb pool table in there and I can't move it alone. So the only other option was to put it in the barn (we called it the 'Vair Garage) but there is so much crap in this garage that I was not sure I could do it. But, we started cleaning and I finally got enough room out there to at least get a desk and work bench setup.

This took the better part of a week to complete and the garage is only 1/3rd the way clean to where I can shoot videos. Of course I did build a couple computers in that time as well. But now, I need to finish the rest of it.

One of the issues I'm having right now is the background. At this time, it's just a non covered wall showing all of the studs and wiring. I could put my banner up right there, but it will not fit on the wall that I plan on using. I would have to use the back side of teh banner and not the front. I am waiting to see if my brother in law has some plywood that I can put up, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. So I need to get the walls covered. The whole plan is to have some kind of shelves to house all of the 'toys' that I have lol. But that may not happen. Not any time soon anyway.

The other thing is, even though it's almost November, it's still getting pretty hot outside. And this garage, like most, doesn't have A/C. I'm working on a solution to this as well along with the walls. I plan on insulating the walls and installing a little window unit, but again, that is not going to happen for a long time.

So here is the real problem. I have been hit up by all of my vendors and they have ALL sent me stuff to review. I have over a dozen videos that I need to shoot, and nowhere to shoot them lol. I guess I need to get off this computer and get out there and clear enough space to at least shoot some videos and get some flying in (one of the videos is on a new FPV quad that I think you guys will like).

So this is where I stand and why there have not been any videos here lately. I'm trying to get them done, and things are backing up on me, but I will get them done. Somehow hahahaha.

Top Bottom