Setups Rc-Help's FPV Setup

Tony

Staff member
I have been asked by many members what the setup I'm running (going to run...) is. And below is what i Have on the quad now. If you use an external battery, this setup is COMPLETELY Plug-N-Play! But if you are like me, you will cut the power lead off of the VTX and solder it right to your PDB.

Here is what I'm running

FatShark Dominator V2 Goggles
FatShark Rx Module
Fatshark SpiroNet RH Circular Polarized Antennas
Fatshark 600TVL 2.8mm CMOS Camera
ImmersionRc 600mw 5.8GHZ Tx
SanDisk 64GB MicroSD card (for goggle DVR)

As you can see, everything is pretty regular. The image that I see in the goggles is crisp and clear, however the recorded image is not what I actually see. Worse quality, and it has way more static in it than what I actually see. But all in all, this setup works great!

I am by far the least qualified to place input but I read that if the FPV TX and the Radio
RX is close to each other it could cause static.
The other day I messed the wires on my HK setup to basically just stick the battery in my pocket
instead of strapping it to the goggles.
When I was done I couldn't get any video.
I had read some where that the electrical connections to the battery (in their case) was not making
a good enough connection to produce quality video.
So I opted for a different wiring solution and made sure all of my solder points were solid
and afterwards I was rolling right along.

Tony

Staff member
You are right, havimg the tx too close to the rx can cause some issues. Which is the reason I have my rx up front and my vtx on the back under the top plate. More to come in the setup video. I have it uploaded, jist need to fill in all of the info.

Top Bottom