Rc Help Trex Maiden

Adam

Ok so it was a little late when i got home so it is a little dark. First question is on take off it goes left is that normal on a flybarless heli? Second is that there is a vibration and i think that is because of the cheap blades i have on. Sorry but the phone went blank before i landed and it is too dark hell it was too dark when i taped this but i just needed this thing running. Now on my question regarding takeoff i checked my swash for level and that wasn't it so judge away. And i will be putting align 3g blades on it again.
[video=youtube_share;Y4GXrpsgDls]http://youtu.be/Y4GXrpsgDls[/video]

Adam

Yes i was wondering that myself remember i change the front gears so i took a look at it and it looks like the tt gear is rubbing on the vertical gears shaft i hope

- - - Updated - - -

So besides that it looks pretty stable?

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I think I saw a little aileron shake in there, but pretty good all in all. Might want to put it in idle up and test out the gyro really well. The faster your head is spinning, the faster it will react and any shake will show it's self at 100% throttle.

Adam

Ya i stripped three screws to take the front tt gear housing out of the frame and the sad thing is i just replaced most of them when i put the new gears in. So i know which ones i didnt replace lol. This will have to continue tomorrow but yes tony without the tail on you still hear that sound so it has to be that i didnt assemble those front gears correct. Anybody have some suggestions to get these three screws out lol.

Tony

Staff member
Use a dremel and cut a slot in them. Then use a flat blade screw driver to take them out.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
When you put in the pinion gear that runs the drive shaft, make sure that its in all the way. It should be flush in the housing. I know on mine I made that mistake tha first time I replaced the gears. I use a wooden vice to press the gear in place.

Adam

yup so this morning I got er apart. the tail gears no noise main gear no noise front drive tail gears won't ya know it noise and that is where I got a vibration from also lol. you guys are awesome.

stokke

Great to see this bird's in the air again. I feel it's sort of become the "mascot" for RC-Help :D
Hope you get the kinks out soon, Adam. And be sure to post new video when she's ready!

Adam

Ok so i changed out the gears and i added expo to 100 +50. My co pilot came along with me this time the more he watches the better. I dry tested everything and i listen between tonys and my last one and i cant tell. I will let you guys be the judge. With this bird i feel like an beginner all over again this thing does exactly what you tell it to do and it costed more so i need to fly it more and sack up and learn this thing.
[video=youtube_share;hed99TVn7D4]http://youtu.be/hed99TVn7D4[/video]

Tony

Staff member
There is still a tick in it. When you spool up, you can hear it. You should be able to spin the blades by hand and find where the noise is coming from.

- - - Updated - - -

Check your gear mesh. It sounds really tight.

Adam

When i looked for the noise i spun the tail those two gears were quite spun the head and main gear was quite put the torque tube in the housing spun that quite. put it together and it didnt have noise but after spooling up it now has a noise how do i loosen the gear mesh there isnt a way to adjust it.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Loosen the motor. Take a piece of paper. Find the hi spot on the gear if it has one. Run the paper between the motor gear and main gear and retiten the motor.

Adam

ya I know that one Sam it's the anti rotation gear and tt gear that is ticking. but I have not spoiled it up with the tt gear out so maybe but I hear it when I turn the head so is there a way to mesh the anti rotation gear?

Adam

I will take it apart and check everything again but I'm coming up with nothing. now that's brand new tt gears so maybe even though I don't see anything wrong maybe the anti rotation gear is making this noise.

- - - Updated - - -

would the gears for the sev2 Trex be compatible...........

Adam

Ok i found nothing wrong except when you put it all together and i ordered new anti rotation gear and maybe that might fixed it. But it is only a noise that everything works so i will still use it. everything looks good so a little tick is not a problem right now. So if anybody has some input let me know.

Tony

Staff member
When i looked for the noise i spun the tail those two gears were quite spun the head and main gear was quite put the torque tube in the housing spun that quite. put it together and it didnt have noise but after spooling up it now has a noise how do i loosen the gear mesh there isnt a way to adjust it.

When you are saying "quite" do you mean "quiet"? Because otherwise this post makes no sense at all. And there is no adjustment, you need to look for something lodged in the teeth of the gears.

Top Bottom