Prop Rc-Help Trainer Testing Thread

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
wow LOOKS GOOD Tony! one question... since i got the PDF, it looks like the fuselage overall length is just a little bit less than half the wingspan... in that how it's suppose to be, or is it just my printer (again)?

Tony

Staff member
That is how it is for now. I have hit a speedbump in the road and will not be able to test this as I thought I would be able to. If you find that your main wing is too big, you can cut it down to 40" overall and try it that way. A straight cut on the tip is fine for testing, you cna make it pretty later lol. But, I will try to get something going soon if I can. Gotta love life.

Derek

I added 1.5oz of nose weight to my RCH Trainer last week. It flew, but still seems tail heavy. I added 5 more fender washers (I dont remember the weight) to the nose and went to the flying field. The take off from the ground was much better and the plane flew very very well. I was very happy with it. I lowered the throttle a bit and flipped the Flaps to POS1 and had to lower the throttle a bit more to maintain level flight. It was really really awesome to see this plane, despite the added weight, flying so slowly. There was a slight breeze so flying with the breeze was nice but into the breeze....just awesome!!! The throttle was probably 25-30% and the plane was flying super slow. Great fun!!!

I did misjudge my landing and landed in the dirt, instead of the street. The plane tipped forward and I broke another prop. No other damage.

I have been thinking about taking the electronics out of my current RCH Trainer, with the Decathlon color scheme, and building the v3 trainer. However, since I seem to be pretty close in getting this Trainer "spot on", I'm going to order new electronics and put them into the v3 trainer and I'll be keeping the "Decathlon" Trainer as well. Not sure when I'll start the v3 build, but I'll give it a go.

ozmo

Hey,
Here is a little PAINT thingy of my mods for V3.

- - - Updated - - -

The blue tape area represents an INTERNAL doubler. The pic is actually a repair but it gets the idea across:black_eyed:

RC-H trainer V3.jpg

repair  of  RC-H trainer  with doubler 001.jpg

Top Bottom